cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wapfunz
Level: Powered On

GPS - Used Location - Saves to list - but syntax in column is weird

Hi ,

Followed previous posts to set up a label (coords_Label13) that showed Latitude and Logitude using the Location function.

I created a column in SharePoint called it Site_Coords (set its properties to multiline) and set both its default and update to be the cords_label13.text  .

From the app all goes well and on upload the column populates with a blob like: 

<div class="ExternalClass7733BCBE065442B9BD38504ECF4FBC2D">-37.7085952,176.1476608</div>

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm how do I just get -37.7085952,176.1476608 to save and show?

I expect that as the phone moves so will the GPS coordinates until such time as it is uploaded. Is it possible to take a snap shot of the Location and not have it chnaging until upload?

[I do have a column called GeoLocation but it does not show in the data source -  edit fields on the form in edit mode even with data source refreshed - it doesnt show)]

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: GPS - Used Location - Saves to list - but syntax in column is weird

Hi @Wapfunz ,

Please consider to reference this:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Saving-Coordinates-to-a-Sharepoint-List/m-p/4...

Best Regards.

Yumia

Highlighted
Wapfunz
Level: Powered On

Hi,

I followed that link and post to actually create the card I use.

What I get is per attached.

Yes the coordinates are saved and when displayed in edit mode or Detail the result is as per photo.

What would be nice is to have the leading and trailing superfluos syntax removed leaving only the cordinates.

<div class="ExternalClass350ACCB153584307A57EB44166CCA53A">-36.8672768, 174.764032</DIV>

TO BE

-36.8672768, 174.764032

is this possible as following that pearticular post returned what I have.

Thanks.

Super User
Super User

@Wapfunz 

Are you still having this issue?

Have you considered using PlainText on the results? That will remove the Html and return just the inner value.

I hope that helps.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.