Moving further along with Components and ran across something weird in regards to Gallerys and using Parent.X or Parent.Y.
The Microsoft Responsive Docs states that Galleries are a type of container that can handle Parent.values
"Later in this topic, you'll apply these principles (and the Parent operator) to position controls inside other containers, such as galleries, group controls, and components."
It goes on to warn against Parent.Height/Width and use Parent.TemplateHeight/Width respectively.
I'm trying to use Parent.X/Y and getting weird results.
- Gallery with a lone image control
- Setting the image control to Parent.X results in "32", the X value of the Gallery rather than the template.
- I wonder if a ".TemplateX" property is warranted?
- If I set the Image Y control to Parent.Y, the Image Y is set to 784 which puts it off the screen.
- I wonder if a ".TemplateY" Property is warranted here?
Just some observations
Hi @seadude ,
Actually, the Parent.X and Parent.Y formula in the Image control within Gallery would return the X /Y coordinate value of Gallery with respect to the current Screen. But the X/Y property of the Image control is respect to the Gallery control rather than the screen.
In addition, the .TemplateX proeprty and .TemplateY property is not supported within Gallery control. If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum: