cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Getting PowerApps Status info in your apps! Solution

I cant find where I asked this before, but I was told there was not a way to do it.  Well, thats just a challenge to find a way!  

I was looking for a way to get the PowerApps/Flow status messages to be in PA, and to give the user some quick access or even some indication of any issues with the system.  Well, I found a way.  It involves Flow.  

Scenario:  Get the status contents of https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ into PowerApps, and drive some indicators for the user.

image.png

Then, with the text in Powerapps, the HTML can be parsed into the parts that matter.

This statement gleans just the text related to the status of the system:

PlainText(Mid(GetPAStatus.pastatushtml,
Find("PowerApps Support",(GetPAStatus.pastatushtml))+17,
Find("Search for support",GetPAStatus.pastatushtml)-Find("PowerApps Support",(GetPAStatus.pastatushtml))-18-17)
)

The above statement makes this web page:

image.png

Into this, which is in my app:

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Getting PowerApps Status info in your apps! Solution

@timl ,

Thanks for your vote of support.  Its a pleasure to share things like this.  These forums have been the BEST thing that took me from nothing to making very complex and amazing apps in the timespan of a year.  A credit to this forum for sure!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

This is a really excellent solution and I'm sure it'll be useful to many. Thanks for sharing this @martinav!

Super User
Super User

@timl ,

Thanks for your vote of support.  Its a pleasure to share things like this.  These forums have been the BEST thing that took me from nothing to making very complex and amazing apps in the timespan of a year.  A credit to this forum for sure!