cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asdeev
Level: Powered On

Re: Having managers see the approved or rejected forms in powerapps Form App

wow! that works like magic! I just used the UserEmail instead of User().Email since I have already defined it in my app. It works flawlessly. 

I am also thinking to have another button somewhere as "SHOW ALL" which should take me back (out of Managers record button) to the original gallery with current users submitted form. Do I use filter function on that?

Super User
Super User

@asdeev wrote:

wow! that works like magic! I just used the UserEmail instead of User().Email since I have already defined it in my app. It works flawlessly. 

I am also thinking to have another button somewhere as "SHOW ALL" which should take me back (out of Managers record button) to the original gallery with current users submitted form. Do I use filter function on that?

Awesome! glad it worked.

And yes , for "Show All" button, set the OnSelect Property to Set(FilteredWorkOrders,'[dbo].[JHA_APP]') so that you can see all the work orders. you could also use sort within that statement if required.

Also, can you accept the previous reply as the solution.

Thanks

Vivek Bavishi / That API Guy

Twitter | YouTube | Blog

asdeev

Awesome!! Thanks a ton and yes I did some sorting in the above function you mentioned and it works just fine.

Thanks!!

asdeev

@ThatAPIGuyI have another question. Sorry to bother you but in this scenario,

When i click managers record button I am getting all the forms manager has approved/rejected but I have this delete button on each form for the users to delete them if they wish to do so( FYI- everything is logged in my deletedhistory table in backend. )

However, when the user deletes the button it is also geeting removed from the managers record page;

I dont want the managers records to be deleted you know what I mean. I hope this is making sense. 

Is there a way I can hide all those 3 ( edit,copy and delete icons (please refer pictures) for the managers? ) if not is there a way I can make the forms still be present for the managers record even when user decides to delete them ?

I have attached the pictures for reference . 

asdeev

I also have a history table or deleted records table. 

I am thinking what if I use history or deletedrecords tables in the managers button (onselect property) . That way maybe they can see all the records they have approved or rejected even when user deletes them from their app?

Not sure if I am thinking right or if this is even possible. Just a thought. 

Super User
Super User

@asdeev wrote:

I also have a history table or deleted records table. 

I am thinking what if I use history or deletedrecords tables in the managers button (onselect property) . That way maybe they can see all the records they have approved or rejected even when user deletes them from their app?

Not sure if I am thinking right or if this is even possible. Just a thought. 

yes, you will have to join the records from the two tables (managers approved /rejected records and user deleted records which the manager has approved or rejected) into one collection.

asdeev

Oh joining two tables using a unique id? just like sql?

Maybe using ClearCollect()?