cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John2019
Level: Powered On

Help : How to learn to develop powerapps application

Nearly, we refer https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/common-data-service/use-fetchxml-construct-quer.... but I think I need some more basic documentation. Example : write some simple views or custom form. 1. We dont know how to create a project and how to deploy in the modern-driven on powerapps.

2. What is the difference between XrmToolBox and VS studio ? If vs studio is better,What version is required?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MaryMThompson

Re: Help : How to learn to develop powerapps application

John,

Can you give some more basic requirements of what you are trying to do?  I use powerapps and CDS all the time, and never have to use Visual Studio.

When you say project, do you mean you don't know how to get a Project in BC or CRM, or you don't know how to create a PowerApp project. 

What data are you trying to pull in from the CDS?

John2019

Re: Help : How to learn to develop powerapps application

example :  1. 1:N relationship , will generate relation field .   In modern driven, relation filed need  press Enter or click on the Search icon. This will show you a list of results.  I don't know how to  auto load all data. not need press enter or click search icon. I think it maybe need web api. I think it need  write some code.

2.  In the view , relationship field url how to remove ?   when we click relationship filed , it will come access relationship entity .

3. How to hide the "run report" button in the view .

4.  we refer https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/developer/customize-labels-support-..., we can't understand this doc ,we think we need more basic doc. can step to step to do it .

5. In the Main form, we disable auto save , we need add save button when we update data  

@MaryMThompson 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 83 members 4,650 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: