cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chhowa
Level: Powered On

Help needed: Send Email with Options: 'SelectedOption' not in dynamic content

Hi PA community,

I built a Flow that sends an e-mail with options when a new SP list item is created and also passes the attachment.  Had some trouble with the attachment bit at first but was able to get it to pass to the e-mail after some tail chasing. (long story, originally used the Approvals connector but it still doesn't appear to support attachment passing in the approval mail).  Instead I am using 'Get Attachment', 'Get Attachment Content' and 'Send Email with Options'

The attachment passes in the e-mail with 3 options:  Approve, Reject and More Info Needed.  That part works flawlessly.

However, I also need to update the list item with decision the recipient enters in the e-mail (e.g. User Option of Approve, Reject or More Info needed).  From what I researched (examplethis should simply be the [SelectedOption] but "SelectedOption" isn't available in the dynamic content.  

Am i missing something in my Flow?

blehhh.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Help needed: Send Email with Options: 'SelectedOption' not in dynamic content

Hi @chhowa , 
you should use switch statement just as it's been shown here

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/search-by-service/

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Help needed: Send Email with Options: 'SelectedOption' not in dynamic content

Hi @chhowa , 
you should use switch statement just as it's been shown here

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/search-by-service/

Super User
Super User

I just tried it and it works fine for me.  I see the SeletedOption value when filling out the condition.  I would try it again with the default settings first and see if maybe the "More Info Needed" needs to be in quotes or something.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
chhowa
Level: Powered On

Thank you both for your replies.  The Switch case totally worked!