cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdmikejr
Level: Powered On

Help with Checkbox in Gallery

Initially, I had wired a combox box to pull a product from my sharepoint list to filter the gallery. Unfortunately, I was running into delegation issues. As a result, I changed the combo box to a text input "search" field, using the SortByCoumns(Filter(StartsWith (...). Great - no more delegation issues. The problem I am having is that this is a bit clumsy in production. If a user types 2 characters, pauses, and begins to type again, the filter doesn't behave correctly and the search doesn't 'stick' (For lack of a better term) to the product name. My idea to circumvent the glitchy search box was to add secondary gallery right under the text input/search field and add a checkbox to each product in the gallery. That way when the user searches, they can physically bind the specific product of choice. (I'd also like to mention that I then tried to add a label to reference ThisItem.Selected, once the checkbox was checked and that way all other galleries will then be able to filter off the product that has checkbox=True. I am not sure this all makes sense, but I think you understand what I am trying to acheive. Can anyone help me on this? Can anyone help me bind the checkbox to the item in the gallery?
2 REPLIES 2
gokello
Level 8

Re: Help with Checkbox in Gallery

I have successfully used text Search box with a hidden gallery - which becomes visible once you start typing in the Text box. I am not using a checkbox. I simply reference the .Selected item in the hidden gallery. See attached snapshots..
Highlighted
gokello
Level 8

Re: Help with Checkbox in Gallery

Sorry missed the second attachment

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 52 members 4,921 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: