cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cooltechie
Level: Powered On

How to set a SP field's value on the click of a button

Hi,

I customized a SharePoint list form and I would like to use the out of the box "save" to save the entries on the form. However, I would like to add a button with "submit" clicking on which will set the form to read only to the current logged in user and also update the status field to "Ready for review".

For the current logged in user's manager, the form should be editable regardless of the status. 

Please advise,

Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Re: How to set a SP field's value on the click of a button

Hi @cooltechie,

First of all, you must have the stationary current loggin user to make this work. I mean that you need to know you want "User1@contoso.com" to have the read only form. And you need to have Azure AD connector to know the user's manager's information.

If both conditions fit, then you need to add a Office365 users connector to the app. Then set below formula in the OnSelect property of your submit button:

Set(Var,If(User().Email=Office365Users.Manager("User1@contoso.com").Mail,Edit, User().Email="User1@contoso.com",View))

Then set the DefaultMode of the form to:

Var

Regards,

Mona

Highlighted
cooltechie
Level: Powered On

Re: How to set a SP field's value on the click of a button

Hi Mona,

Thank you for your response. My requirement is slightly different. I would like to use "submit" button to set a SharePoint field value and then also make the form read-only to the user who submitted it but editable for his manager.