Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
satishpandey
Level: Powered On

How to track a history of unsuccessful request submissions in PowerApps

Hi All,

I need your help. I have created a PowerApp using SharePoint list as a source.

I have also configured email notification on submission.

One of the users who submitted a request through the PowerApp web URL. He also got a confirmation email for the submission, however, his entry was not submitted to the SharePoint list. I found a reason that he didn't have access to the list and that is why his entry was not there. Now, I am trying to find out if there is a way to track his entry either through the PowerApps form or SharePoint list. I know, in Sharepoint list we can track the versioning but not sure if that specific entry will show up or not as he didn't have the access the list when he submitted a request.

Ideally, I should have restricted email notification if a record was not inserted to the list. Now, I am struggling to track the entry on to the PowerApp form.

Please advise.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: How to track a history of unsuccessful request submissions in PowerApps

There is no way to tell if any of the previous records failed to submit. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
RezaDorrani
Level 10

Hi @satishpandey 

As @Jeff_Thorpe  mentioned, your best case will be to send email onSuccess property fo the form control

However, the data that user tried to post is lost and there is no way to recover that

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

8 REPLIES 8
Super User
Super User

If you are using a form control then you could move your email notification code to the OnSuccess property of the form. This way when the SubmitForm() is triggered the email will only be sent if the data was successfully saved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
RezaDorrani
Level 10

Hi @satishpandey 

PowerApps does not store any data unless  you added logic to store information in App Offline

Soince user submitted and data went to Flow (assuming flow is sending data to SharePont)

Just go back to flow and re-run that flow (the one which failed)

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

satishpandey

Thanks Jeff.

As of now, an email notification is On Select - Submit Button, though I am checking all the required field. I will change my email notification code OnSuccess of the form.

Do you advise if there is a way I can track previously entered records through the form? 

Super User
Super User

There is no way to tell if any of the previous records failed to submit. 

satishpandey

I wish there could be a way to find similar like MS flow where we can see the entries even though it was not successful.

satishpandey

Hi Reza,

I have not used flow to send a notification email, but I have used Office365.SendEmail option on the submit button.

Here is the logic I have used.

====================================

If(
!Form1.Valid,
// Then
SubmitForm(Form1),
// Else
// If(
// IsEmpty(DataCardValue1.Text),
// Then
// Notify("Failed to submit, fill all the required fields and try again.",NotificationType.Error),
// Else
//ResetForm(Form1);
SubmitForm(Form1);
Navigate('Thank you');
Notify("Submitted new record.",NotificationType.Success),
Office365.SendEmail(
User().Email,
"EPO Intake Form - Submission Confirmation : " & DataCardValue1.Text ,
"Hi <b></b>" & Left(User().FullName,Find( " ",User().FullName) - 1) & "," & " <br><br>
Thank you for your submission." & "<br><br><b></b>" & "We will review and respond no later than two (2) business days. <br><b> <b></b></b>" & " <br> Please feel free to reach out to ABC@XYZ.com if you have any questions.<b></b><br>" & "<br>Thanks!" & "<b></b><br>",
{
IsHtml: true,
Importance: "Normal",
Cc: "ABC@XYZ.com"
}
)
);

RezaDorrani
Level 10

Hi @satishpandey 

As @Jeff_Thorpe  mentioned, your best case will be to send email onSuccess property fo the form control

However, the data that user tried to post is lost and there is no way to recover that

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

satishpandey

@Jeff_Thorpe @RezaDorrani 

Need some suggestion on the form submission page.

I have changed the logic for Submit button and used below

!Form1.Valid;SubmitForm(Form1)

And, on the success of the form1, I have used the below code. I am trying to display the form value in the email, which previously worked on Submit Button when I used this code, however, it's not working for Form onSuccess.

Any thought?

If(
!Form1.Valid,
SubmitForm(Form1),

SubmitForm(Form1);
Navigate('Thank you');
Notify("Submitted new record.",NotificationType.Success),
Office365.SendEmail(
User().Email,
"EPO Intake Form - Submission Confirmation : " & DataCardValue1.Text ,
"Hi <b></b>" & Left(User().FullName,Find( " ",User().FullName) - 1) & "," & " <br><br>
Thank you for your submission." & "<br><br><b></b>" & "We will review and respond no later than two (2) business days. <br><b> <b></b></b>" & " <br> Please feel free to reach out to AC@XYZ.com if you have any questions.<b></b><br>" & "<br>Thanks!" & "<br><br><br><br><br><br>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------" & "<br><b><br>Project Name : </b>" & DataCardValue1.Text & "<br><b><br>PR # </b>: " & DataCardValue3.Text & "<br><b><br>Business Group : </b>" & DataCardValue12.Text & "<br><b><br>Anticipated Launch Date : </b>" & DateValue(Text(DataCardValue13.SelectedDate)) & "<br><b><br>Third Party Supplier : </b>" & DataCardValue7.Text & "<br><b><br>Brief Description : </b>" & DataCardValue8.Text & "<br><b><br>Notes : </b>" & DataCardValue10.Text &"<b></b><br>",
{
IsHtml: true,
Importance: "Normal",
Cc: "satish.pandey16@XYZ.com"
}
)
);

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 218 members 4,802 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: