cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chamblm
Level: Power Up

IF function in Microsoft Flow

So we have an online form set up that exports data to a SharePoint list. We want to enter this information into several spreadsheets automatically, so we don't have to go in and make changes to all of them whenever the form is submitted

In the attached image, I've tried to create a formula whereby the person's name appears under their line manager's column in a table, but the "expression is incorrect".

The formula used is as below:

if(equals(triggerBody()?['Line_x0020_Manager'], 'Lynn_Kearney'),'triggerBody()?['First_x0020_Name']triggerBody()?['Last_x0020_Name']', 'null'))

Does anybody know why this might be invalid, or how to get it working?

4 REPLIES 4
Mike8
Level 10

Re: IF function in Microsoft Flow

Hello,

Can you try this?
if(equals(triggerBody()?['Line_x0020_Manager'], 'Lynn_Kearney'),concat(triggerBody()?['First_x0020_Name'],' ',triggerBody()?['Last_x0020_Name']), 'null')

Chamblm
Level: Power Up

Awesome, thanks, that seems to at least get the formula working

When testing running the flow, it fails because it cannot find First/Last name in the table

I'd have thought it would be "update a row" to add to an existing table (see below) 

Capture.PNG

Mike8
Level 10

Hello,

Does the BBTA New Starter Form list have First Name and Last Name as column names?
If it doesn't, I can see why it returns an error.
If it does, I don't know Smiley Happy

Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for your help @Mike8 - @Chamblm can you let me know if you're still experiencing an issue with this?

@TopShelf-MSFT