cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
albertov
Level: Powered On

Icon not displaying in app with patch function on select

I have inserted an icon (smiley face) in a gallery from one of the screens in an app.The screen has a data table that shows «Available Tasks». The gallery in the screen is connected to the table «Desired Tasks», which has columns that correspond to «Available Tasks», plus a user identifier column. I have registered a function on select, so that the icon in the gallery creates an entry from «Available tasks» in «Desired tasks». The patch-function is registered with no issues or warnings, and everyrhing seems fine from the studio. But the icon is not displaying, neither in the preview nor the app. Has anyone had issues with this?
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Icon not displaying in app with patch function on select

Would you please share a screenshot for the problematic icon?

How does the icon be inserted within the Gallery?

From Insert->Icons, or through another approach?

116.PNG

If it is added through the Icon Dropdown, then please verify the Visible property, make sure it is set to true, also verify the color or the fill property, make sure the transparency is set to 1 for color, and 0 for Fill property.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
albertov
Level: Powered On

Re: Icon not displaying in app with patch function on select

I settled for a temporary solution, where I just launch my e-mail address on select from the icon, so that people can "like" an item this way. Then the icon is perfectly visible. Color and transparency are set properly, 1 and 0 respectively in RGBA.

Actually, today, the workaround I attempted yesterday is not working at all anymore. 
Yesterday, I inserted the icon directly into a gallery with the connected table that is to be patched, because the function was not recognizing the table vectors, if I just inserted the icon into the screen. The function recognized the vectors, and everything seemed fine, but the icon was not visible in the mobile app or the desktop preview.

However, I tried this again today, to produce the screenshots, but the function is not recognizing the vectors in the gallery with the connected table at all. 

As you can see, I am working in Norwegian. I also seem to have to use semicolons instead of commas. I am thinking that there might be some issues with encoding as well ?

I attach two screenshots, one with the temprary solution and the icon perfectly visible with the "Launch" on select, and one with my failed attempt to patch "Tbl_Ønsker".

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 42 members 4,668 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: