cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vicky
Level: Power Up

Image does not display in Mobile apps & IE

Hi there,

I was able to view the image when using Chrome browser. But the image wont display in Mobile version and IE browser.

I display the image in the list that connected to the Sharepoint Online.

My image url was from Sharepoint Online. For example: https://domain.sharepoint.com/site/demo/picture/picture.jpg

Any one can help ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
jbergers123
Level: Powered On

Re: Image does not display in Mobile apps & IE

Solved my problem, 

rather than copying the URL from OneDrive to Sharepoint list like this:  /Documents/<folderName>/<fileName>.jpg

I used the copy link button for each image, the shareable link, and used that as the image hyperlink. 

now the mobile version loads the images as well!

All Replies
Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Hi Vicky,

I assume that your app is based on SharePoint Online list which has an image column.

You mentioned that your image URL is from SharePoint Online, does it come from SharePoint library?

To test this issue, I create an app based on SharePoint Online list which has an image column. the URL of images come from SharePoint library, OneDrive for Business, Internet.

I found that the image which URL comes from SharePoint library won’t appear on neither Web player nor Mobile version.

While images that URL come from OneDrive for Business and Internet display on all the players.

Please test with images with other URLs on your side and let me know if they will display on Mobile version and IE browser.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

jbergers123

I am having the same issue. 

I created a OneDrive for Business folder with all my images in it.

Created a SharePoint list, referencing the OneDrive URL images

OneDrive URL plus:    /Documents/<folderName>/<fileName>.jpg     as the image hyperlink for my SharePoint list image.

The images show in Chrome, in powerApps when I preview my app, but do not show in IE or when I run the published app on mobile.

jbergers123

Solved my problem, 

rather than copying the URL from OneDrive to Sharepoint list like this:  /Documents/<folderName>/<fileName>.jpg

I used the copy link button for each image, the shareable link, and used that as the image hyperlink. 

now the mobile version loads the images as well!

jdvroum

Hello,

Do you know if it's know possible to used this fonctionnality ?

I all internet browser, I get my pictures but not in mobile. I'm using a Sharepoint List witch is looking in a Sharepoint Gallery for the url. My goal is to put flag next to contact in a contact database. In my list, I'm using dropdown to select the country.

For the image, I concatenate :

Concatenate("https://xxxmywebsite.sharepoint.com/sites/xxxfolder/IMAGEDATA/";Pays.Value;".jpg?RenditionID=1")

Somebody can help me? Thanks

Julien

PowerApps Staff Rank erga
PowerApps Staff

@jdvroum We are actively investigating an issue where images load fine when running apps on web browsers but fail to load when run on mobile platforms. Thank you for your patience. 

jdvroum

Tanks à lot for yoit answer. I prefer to know this as to search two days !
Julien
PowerApps Staff

@jdvroum What is the URL of the image you are trying to display? Is it an image that requires permissions, like logging into an account (i.e. SharePoint)? 

If it's a sharepoint image, then PowerApps is unable to display those images on your iOS or Android device without the proper authentication. The reason why it may appear on your web browser is because you may already have those authentication tokens stored on your web browser as a cookie. So if you want your image to show up, you must either (1) host your image on a public URL, or (2) put your image as an image column in a Sharepoint list and create an authenticated Sharepoint connection and access your image from there. 

Please reach out if you have any further questions! 

jdvroum

@erga My images are in a asset librarie in the same sharepoint as the contact list where those images are connected !

Hos can you create an "authenticated Sharepoint connection" and "access your image from there" ?

It's my first week using flow and powerapps, thanks a lot for your answer.

Julien

PowerApps Staff

@jdvroum First go to your Sharepoint site portal and then create a Custom List -- let's call it "MyList". In this custom list, add an "Image" column (let's call it "MyImage") and put your desired image in that column. Now you have a Sharepoint List which has an image column. Next, go to your PowerApps app and create a SharePoint connection, importing your list "MyList". You should then be able to access the list of your images by typing in "MyList.MyImage". If you want the image on the first row of MyList, you can then type in "First(MyList.MyImage".

The images here will load without access issues because you authenticated the SharePoint connection when you added it to your app. Please let me know if you need further help! Smiley Happy