cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilDixon
Level: Powered On

Re: Image does not display in Mobile apps & IE

I have the same problem, has anyone managed to get this to work?

• Images in the editor, using Chrome, appear okay
  • Images in the web app, using Chrome, appear okay
  • Images in the web app, using IE 11, appear okay
  • Images in the web app, using Edge, not working
  • Images in the Android app, latest build, not working
  • Images in the iOS app, latest build, not working
  • Images in the Windows Mobile app, who cares?

My images are stored in SharePoint list.

I've tried jpg and png files.

TKrause5

Try storing the images on google sites and use the new URL that points to the google sites image in your sharepoint list. 

That worked for me. 

Office365Master
Level: Power Up

SharePoint Images Powered Up In PowerApps

https://www.myconsult.co.za/residue/brians-blog/

Any image stored in SPO, rendered within a PowerApps app in any resolution as you so desire.

Desktop Video Demo

Mobile Video Demo

Administrator Rank
Administrator

I will be able to report a bug on this since you are experiencing different bahavior depending on browser or mobile device. This may be related to the authentication that must occur in order to render the images. In order to raise the bug, I'd like to meet with you via a Skype screen share to review your experience, and so that I might collect session details.

Please private message me with your availability. I am available during your convenience, even if you are outside of my time zone. However, if you believe you won't have time to meet with me on Skype, then you may open a support ticket at the link below:

click here

Thank you,

Audrie

SergioGiusti

Did you get anywhere with this as im having the same issue.

I have tried the following:

Images in a document library - using a gallery connected to the sharepoint document library pointing at ThisItem.'{Link}'

Images in a picture library - using a gallery connected to the sharepoint document library pointing at ThisItem.'{Link}'

Images as attachments to a list item - using a gallery to show the list and another gallery (Items: 1stgallery.selected.'{Attachments}') and showing the image as ThisItem.AbsoluteUri

All of the above work if using Chrome, Firefox, Edge.  None of the above work on a mobile device (tried iOS and Andriod).

Please assist.

SergioGiusti

This is still not working, any updates from anyone who has found a way to get it to work?

Thanks 

PowerApps Staff Rank erga
PowerApps Staff

@SergioGiusti Please follow the instructions on how to upload an image through a Sharepoint connector here: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/connection-sharepoint-online/ 

The Image control requires the image itself to be publicly available (i.e. not require authentication). Your image may sometimes appear on browsers and not on your mobile devices because of your browser's cookie settings. If you try running your app in a private browser (Ctrl + Shift + N), your images will not appear if they require authentication. 

Maverick55

I'm facing same problem; images from SPO list correctly shown in Powewrapps gallery on Edge & Crome , blank on Android device.

I tried almost every solution/suggestion I found on the web, but after 2 weeks still without results. 

Please help

TKrause5

I was having the same issue. What worked for me was uploading the images to a google sites webpage and then listing the google sites image URL in the sharepoint list. 

To set up a google sites webpage is very easy and free. 

Maverick55

Thank you so much TKrause5, it works (finally !).

But it's really sad that you have to go to a Google site for the images having everything else stored in Sharepoint.

Hey, Microsoft, are you going to do anything to fix this embarassing situation ?