cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
azeesdinu
Level: Powered On

Impact of rename Data source

I have SharePoint custom list with integrated PowerApps screen. My custom list name is "Pre Change List", I wanted to rename like "Change List". I wanted to know impact of changing the display name. Since the Data source created by default with "Pre Change List". PowerApps will automatically updated the data source name If I rename the SharePoint list ? or it will throw error in all the reference. How do I take the backup before doing this changes. I’m not able to see the export button since this PowerApps is customization done using integration method not canvas app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Impact of rename Data source

Hi @azeesdinu 

If you will update the name of the list, you might want to recreate the connection and in case of edit form, you can re-select the newly created connection, but apart from that, you need to make the changes individually on the independent controls. 

Regrading, taking the backup of the application, you can create a new app using "Save As" in the powerapps editor, and create a copy.

If you wish to export the app, you can do that export that as an .msapp file from the Apps home page, select the Export option.MicrosoftTeams-image (23).png

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
3 REPLIES 3
RezaDorrani
Level 10

Hi @azeesdinu 

I dont believe renaming a list make any change to the list form customization since the internal list name would still continue to be the first name given

it is a just the display name of the list that gets updated

May be if you update the internal name of the list (uisng PowerShell) - it may impact the App

But renaming should not make any changes

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

azeesdinu
Level: Powered On

Hi RezaDorrani, 

Thanks for your reply. 

My SharePointForm1 data source is referred  display name only. Also controls like (Choice fields) inside the form is having display name as reference 

Choices('Pre Change List'.'Status')

Super User
Super User

Hi @azeesdinu 

If you will update the name of the list, you might want to recreate the connection and in case of edit form, you can re-select the newly created connection, but apart from that, you need to make the changes individually on the independent controls. 

Regrading, taking the backup of the application, you can create a new app using "Save As" in the powerapps editor, and create a copy.

If you wish to export the app, you can do that export that as an .msapp file from the Apps home page, select the Export option.MicrosoftTeams-image (23).png

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 45 members 4,971 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: