cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dthomson
Level: Powered On

Incorrect values in LookUp function in gallery

I have a gallery that displays data form SQL Azure Database. on the gallery cards, I have used a lookup function to display some values from another table as well. My issue is that the value returned by the lookup function is sometimes just .... wrong. The lookup criteria is something to the effect of foreign_key = thisitem.id, and it is just really really inconsistent. sometimes every card in the gallery will be correct. other times, the cards will all show the same (incorrect) value, and other times they will just be showing random incorrect values from the related table. 

What might be causing this? Why are lookup functions inconsistent like this? When relating foreign keys to primary keys of other tables the result should be consistent, and the expected value is tied to the primary key. Has anyone else experienced this erratic behavior using Lookup functions in galleries? I'd appreciate input here!

Super User Rank
Super User

Re: Incorrect values in LookUp function in gallery

Hi @dthomson,

As a test, could you ClearCollect() the Lookup table in the OnVisible property of your screen and use that in your gallery instead of the actual sql table. Let me know if that works please.

Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Hi @dthomson,

Can you share a bit more about your issue ?

Can you show me the data structure of two tables ?

please check if the field of original table correspond with the field of the reference table.

Please try to re-add data source

Please try to create a collection from SQL table and check if it is solved.

Regards,

Eason

Community Support Team _ Eason YU
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Administrator Rank
Administrator

Thank you for your post @dthomson - can you review the above replies and advise if it fixes your problem?

@TopShelf-MSFT