cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ella_h
Level: Powered On

Invalid argument type GUID for tablename

Hi!

I have created 2 practically identical entities in PowerApps. These two entities both have one field each for a calender date, booking type and number field. Though we want the same design for both entities when adding new records, I have created identical forms for both entities including these three fields for each source. The problem is, that even though both entities are almost exactly the same and I use the three fields that are practically identical, the table reference in powerApps is different. For the first source, everything works fine,  I can add a formula for the dropdown in the Data Items field in advanced view to "Distinct('Tablename', 'columnname'). And for the card the formula for AllowedValues "DataSourceInfo('Tablename', DataSourceInfo.AllowedValues, "Columnname")" works perfectly. For my other source however, i get the error "Invalid argument type GUID" when adding both of these formulas. The formulas are accepted however, if I change the formulas to "Distinct([@Tablename], 'columnname') and "DataSourceInfo([@Tablename], DataSourceInfo.AllowedValues, "Columnname")". Why is this? And what does it mean when [@] is used for a table name expression? Because the add new records function does not work properly for the second source where I have to set it to [@Tablename].

Se attached pictures.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
ella_h

Re: Invalid argument type GUID for tablename

This might be good for others to know. It seems like something must have happened to the DataField name, the name had somehow been cut off. Somehow the app maneged to update the field in the entity even though the DataField was wrong, however it updated the field with the default value. When correcting the DataField name it works properly to add new records, however I still need to set the formulas with the @Tablename expression. Why does source 2 have to behave like that? I would appreciate if someone could explain it to me. But the app is at least registering new records correctly now. But the question still remains, why 2 almost identical sources has to be set differently in formulas, hopefully someone else have encountered this as well.

majuarezg

Hi @ella_h .  

I'm having the same issue and I've spent many hours trying to find an answer for this behavior. As you mentioned, I had to use the same @Tablename expression to make it work but its very weird as another sources haven't had to use the @ symbol to make the Patch function works.

Do you've any news about this error, bug or whatever it is ?

Regards!

PS: I'm using entities in CDS

Administrator
Administrator

Bumping to see if the community can assist/has any ideas 

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, August 21st at 8am PDT

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

SixthImage

Power Summit Australia 2019

August 20-23rd 2019

Users Online
Currently online: 62 members 4,663 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: