cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maureen
Level: Powered On

Is powerapps available in China Mainland?

Hi, I looked up the website of Microsoft cn, but I didn't find powerapps in the product list for business. Is it possible for our customer in China mainland to use the app we created in u.s?

9 REPLIES 9
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Is powerapps available in China Mainland?

Hi @Maureen,

Are your customer in the same organization as yours?

If not, then sharing App to your customer is not available. As PowerApps currently could only share App within the same organization.

An Idea has been submitted on this already:

Share with external users

As far as I know, PowerApps should not be added into the available Microsoft Products in China (operated by 21Vianet), if here you mean the proper product license.

For Office 365 ( Office 365 operated by 21Vianet (China) ), you may contact support through the following page:

Contact Office 365 for Business support-Admin Help

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Maureen

Yes, our customer is added as an user of our organization account. So though MS China doesn't include powerapps in their product package, our customer could use the app under our organization in China, right? So data stored in datasources, like sharepoint, could be viewed by our customer there, right?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-micsh-msft

This is of great concern to me as I am putting together a proof of concept app based on SharePoint, Flow and PowerApps which is to be used by our business in China mainlaind. I am due to fly over there in two weeks time to demonstrate and test the app with live users and it suddenly occurred to me that PowerApps may not be available on any of the Chinese App stores. 

If the users are in the same organisation as me, and are authenticated against our domain, will they have access to the app and be able to use it? If so, where can they get the app from? Is it possible to download and install the APK from elsewhere if not the Google Play store? 

samuelJ
Level 8

Hello @Anonymous,

Did you ever find a solution?  We have created an app, for use by people in our organization, and employees in China can not download it, as the google play store is not available.  I tried to provide a link to a different app store, however upon downloading powerApps it prompted them to download the latest version, but could not complete its task becuase the google play store was not installed.  

Thanks for any insight.

Highlighted
ericramos2017

Was this ever answered? I am developing an app that is used in sharepoint to customize a form and want to make sure it works for my organizations employees based in China.

Administrator
Administrator

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am posting it to the Product Team and will ask someone to update the thread with a response 

@TopShelf-MSFT

ericramos2017

I have tested a sharepoint embedded PowerApp and the employees in China are able to see and use it. The PowerApp must use the PowerApps webpart in order for it to work. 

AlphaWhiskey
Level: Power Up

@TopShelf-MSFT Has there been any update on this yet from the product team?  

We have users based in China who are wanting to use a PowerApp we're running on out of our Europe tenant (where their licenses are based as well) and our Android users cannot access the app from the Google Play store to connect to it.

Embedding this on a web page isn't a suitable solution for us unfortunately.

paulbrelin

Status? Any movement at all on this?