Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
irishmanmick
Level: Power Up

Issue creating a Flow within PowerApps

Hi,

I am having an issue trying to create a flow within PowerApps for a Canvas app I am trying to design. 

When I select Flows form the make.PowerApps.com site, I select create new flow. 

Then I select create from blank. 

I search for connectors and find the one I am looking for: "Common Data Services - When a record is created". However, I can't select it to assign the Environment, Entity or scope - which are my next steps. When I select the connector, nothing happens. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mick

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Issue creating a Flow within PowerApps

Flows that are initiated by PowerApps always use a PowerApps button trigger. You can go to the Flow designer if you want to make a Flow with a Common Data Services trigger. But that Flow will run independently from the PowerApp you are creating. Otherwise create the flow to trigger with a PowerApps button and then add a data source connection to CDS.

What are you trying to accomplish.  Please explain a bit more and we can help with the design.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @irishmanmick ,

Please follow below documentation step by step about how to start a flow within PowerApps:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/using-logic-flows

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @irishmanmick how are you progressing with this? Can you review the above replies and update the thread if you need further assistance?

Thank you,

@TopShelf-MSFT 

irishmanmick
Level: Power Up

Hi,

Haven't been able to get past the issue I am having - need to have another look at it. 

Thanks