Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
v-tkmasz
Level: Powered On

Issue with Saving PowerApp - Spoint Form

Hi,

I'm working on a PowerApp embedded as Form in a SharePoint list. This is being done solely as a workaround to SharePoint connectivity issues that my main app is facing since last week (separate ticket open). 

Everything was going relatively fine - until today when the SharePoint and App spontaneously stopped communicating (Save button doesn't seem to trigger action reliably) and I cannot save newer version of the App to PowerApps due to an error with following details:

{"error":{"code":"InvalidRequestContent","message":"The request content was invalid and could not be deserialized: 'Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: {. Path 'properties.commitMessage', line 1, position 552.'."}}

Session ID: ec3341bb-500f-4450-9253-3158978f4d77

I've tried restoring the App to a previous version and refreshing SharePoint connections - but the issue still persists. 

Is anyone able to pinpoint what the root cause is, or if this is part of widespread issue? 

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft Employee

Re: Issue with Saving PowerApp - Spoint Form

I have the same issue

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

HI @v-tkmasz ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

Please consider take a try to clear cache of your browser, and remove the custom form in your SP List, then re-add a new one within it, check if the issue is solved.

More details about deleting custom form in SP List, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/customize-list-form#delete-the-custom-f...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-tkmasz
Level: Powered On

@v-xida-msft  Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me. I didn't want to loose data in the main form I'm working on. Instead I tried it on two other sharepoint lists that are on the same SPO instance. I had the same issues - i tried creating a new PowerApp form, removing it, and creating one again - running into this issue every  time. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 81 members 4,605 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: