You can't currently get SharePoint groups natively from PowerApps, only Office365 groups.
Idea to vote on it being implemented is here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/get-sharepoint-groups-from-sharepoint-site-in-po...
@gsivasai wrote a great post about using Role-based security from Sharepoint groups by getting them from Flow here: https://svaghub.wordpress.com/2018/11/03/role-based-security-in-powerapps-using-spgroups/
I have a dropdown which has 5 values, need to display certain 3 values based on the user belonging to Offfice 365 groups
I wanted to display the certain Dropdown values based on Office 365 Groups, im using this function and im returning the display name of ther users in the group.
How should i connect this function to the Dropdwon and dsiplayn those values?
Appreciate your help!
@Vangalaso if I get this right:
* you have a dropdown that has in its source a column that you want to use as a filter (let's name it "GroupID")
* you want to make sure that the current user is part of that 'such' group
My first question to you: are those two statement right?
If so, is that for a specific group or multiple groups ?
Maybe if you could provide a view of what your collection (source for the dropdown) looks like and then say what/how you expect to filter it. Then, when I'm sure I understand your objective, I'll make my best to help you out :-)
Based on what you told me via message, in a very 'hardcoded' way for simplicity sake:
1. In your dropdown source, add a restrictionColumn where you indicate Y or N
2. In the OnLoad of the app, Set a variable (RestrictedUser) to True if the user is not to have access to the whole set (based on Office365Group membership)
3. In the Items property of that dropdown, use a Conditional Filter formula, such as If(RestrictedUser,Filter('mysource',restrictrionColumn="Y"),'mysource')