Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Slawek1
Level: Powered On

Lost dropdown list choices

Hi,

I own a canvas app with a form linked to a Sharepoint site. It worked perfect until today - nothing was changed in the app, neither on Sharepoint but the app do not display dropdown list options today... It worked for months and stopped today. It happened in the past when I was in edit mode but refreshing datasource was usually helping with this problem but not today.

Any ideas?

'Items' property is set - as before - to: Choices('sharepoint_list'.'list_column') 

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

Re: Lost dropdown list choices

Hi @Slawek1 

Can you please try to logout of your browser, clear the cache and then re-login to your account? Sometimes, such issues arises due to caching.
Slawek1

Unfortunately it didn't help, I also tried other browsert that I almost never use - the same problem.

I did another experiment - I've added a new data card with another drop down. Initially I could see choices for a new dropdown list until I refreshed datasource - then choices disappeared also for thisa new datacard although I didn't change any attributes Smiley Sad

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Slawek1 ,

I've made a similar test but not met the same problem like your description.

Could you tell me what's your data source?

Could you show me your settings of the drop down?

Please try to clear your browser's cache and update it to the latest version or try another computer to see whether the problem exists.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Slawek1

@v-yutliu-msft Phoebe Liu - I was just supposed to rep;ly to this thread - it looks like this was some kind of temporary connection issue because now it works perfect again without me doing anything :/ 

Answering your question: all my data sources are sharepoint lists, I think there's 4 of them linked to the app. Clearing the cach didn't help, also the issue was on all computers and browsers so it looks like a temporary server-side issue.

Thanks for your support!

Super User
Super User

Hey @Slawek1 

Glad that this got resolved for you. 

That seems to me like it was a caching issue only. Sometimes, we see such problems, logging out of the browser and clearing the cache resolves most of them.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Slawek1

Hi,

It looks like I have found a problem and it's a PowerApps issue not a caching problem. How I can submit it?

The problem occurs when there's a space between words in Sharepoint column name. When such data card is added to a form then "Items" property of people selector refers to something like "Person_x0020_Assigned". It worked for me for months but... stopped. Now when I unlock this datacard and change "Items" property to from e.g. MyDatasource.Person_x0020_Assigned to MyDatasource.'Person Assigned' then it works perfectly. I think it's an issue because PowerApp should not create reference that it does not understand but this is what I noticed.

Slawek1

Hello,

It looks like it's getting worse, does anyone suffer similar issue?

What I have noticed today that now this issue affects all combo boxes with choices populated from Sharepoint. Whenever I open the form to edit or refresh data source ALL combo boxes now lose choice options. 'Items' property is correctly set but when playing thwe app there are no options available for selection. When I edit 'Items' property (e.g. delete some letter, hit enter, than add this letter back) than it works but this is really annoying as every time I want to change font size I need to go through all combo boxes and fix 'Items'. Previously only people selectors were affected, now all combo boxes. Any ideas? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, August 21st at 8am PDT

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

SixthImage

Power Summit Australia 2019

August 20-23rd 2019

Users Online
Currently online: 193 members 3,411 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: