cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DoubleEx
Level: Powered On

Re: MISSION CRITICAL: Is PowerApps ready?

I'm certainly not a long term user of PowerApps.  Created my first app for our continuous improvement group for collecting ideas from our manufacturing and operations associates.  It's not at all complex - simply saves/edits data on a Sharepoint list. 

My first challenge was my lack of knowledge and skills but eventually (with the help of many in this forum - thank you) was able to make all functions work as we designed with bi-lingual text. It looks great and works well - and then out of nowhere it doesn't.  Unfortunately, the people I'm doing it for can tell my bugs apart from infrastructure issues so it just looks bad.   

I went to the support link posted above and see the most recent posted issue on PowerApps was 5/2.  Yesterday for no good reason, my app started acting funny - like it wasn't connect to SharePoint correctly.  This hours after my most recent clean/tested release.  I decided to wait it out rather than try to waste time troubleshooting and it's working fine now.  I don't like trying to explain this.

I love the idea but I'm going to call this a prototyping tool with expectation that we develop quickly using PowerApps and if the solution is popular - re-develop in something more stable.

I have enough problems with my skillsets or lack of time.  Don't have enough hair left to deal with infrastructure fragility.  

Not giving up, just being cautious.

ericonline
Level 10

@DoubleEx ,

This is incredibly valuable and very clear feedback. Thank you! Hearing from all the voices here on this topic is helpful. If you can share, I'm curious about the following: 

- How many users does your app have? 

- 1-10? 10-50? 50-250? 250-1000? 1000+?

- How often do they use the apps?

- Once a month, a week, a day?

- Multiple times a day?

- Do you use on-prem or cloud data sources? 

- On-prem?

- Sharepoint?

- Azure SQL or other?

Thanks again for your awesome input!

BrianHFASPS
Level 8

@ericonline wrote:

@DoubleEx ,

This is incredibly valuable and very clear feedback. Thank you! Hearing from all the voices here on this topic is helpful. If you can share, I'm curious about the following: 

- How many users does your app have? 

- 1-10? 10-50? 50-250? 250-1000? 1000+?

- How often do they use the apps?

- Once a month, a week, a day?

- Multiple times a day?

- Do you use on-prem or cloud data sources? 

- On-prem?

- Sharepoint?

- Azure SQL or other?

Thanks again for your awesome input!

I am pretty new to this as well. We are optimizing our dismissal management at my school with powerapps.

How many users does your app have? - 10 or so

How often do they use the apps? - Most users once a day some multiple times a day.

Do you use on-prem or cloud data sources? - Azure SQL

Our issue is we have a critical time from about 2:45 PM to 6:00 PM where if the app is unavailable it totally destroys our dismissal process we have built on top of PowerApps.