cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sajarac
Level 8

Making my App work OFF LINE

Hi there, I have been trying to implement the offline capability for a long time ago, but I've waited for that Microsoft release a version that does not need to apply codes, but I think this is not going to happen. Anyway, this is my situation: In my app, I have 13 Collections, each collection is located in a different screen, and with a (<) Back button it saves and patch the share point list. So I don't know how to properly apply the code to add the offline capability to have my entire app be able to save data if no WiFi is available. Could somebody please point me in the right direction? thanks in advance. regards,
2 REPLIES 2
cwebb365
Level 10

Re: Making my App work OFF LINE

So take the same code as you use for the patch and apply it to a local collection. I personally like to do this by default even if online, just incase a connection isn't fully offline but really bad. 

Then you have to either add a timer that runs, or give them a button and a screen that does the upload when you are ready. 
Daniel did a good video going over how to do it with an onStart Example recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIwbcCag9B4

And Mr. Deng did one awhile back that was really good and How I modeled mine after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j30xOM5OmRE

I need to get some time so I can do my example too, been so busy! 

Highlighted
sajarac
Level 8

Re: Making my App work OFF LINE

Thank you very much! I have watched both videos, really cool. I am going to give a try. Lets see what is the result, I am new and it seems like is easy for a simple collection. I have 13.....OMG Thanks in advance! :-)

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 185 members 4,713 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: