cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft Employee

Re: Memory leak when opening apps

@ales-savli If what you meant is disk space, you can exit the published app (i.e. click the back button or swipe to the right to go back to the app catalog screen) which will purge the files downloaded with the refresh calls.

ales-savli
Level: Powered On

Did you read my post? I already know this. I would like to have this app up and running withouth the need to close it. This is a bug and should not just pile up some data in the backend just because I did an update of the source. Or there shoud be a function which could be called to purge data.
xzDan
Level 8

is there any update on this?

ales-savli
Level: Powered On

Nothing...I did not get any reply Smiley Sad

xzDan
Level 8

Why does it seem the important issues that are raised are given no response? This is a critical issue that needs to be resolved.

My Session ID:

Session ID: 011eaeb3-ac86-4a60-80ba-6748bf359cd6
PowerApps 3.19014.10

I literally choose a Date combobox, going from one date to another to pull new info, and I find after about 10 changes that my memory has gone up by 200MB. What the hell is this? Give us an option to clear all the allocated memory at least.

PowerApps Staff AjaySu
PowerApps Staff

@xzDan@ales-savli, we are investigating this issue on our side.

For runtime memory, can you double check the following for your apps?:

1. Property optimization app setting is enabled

2. Delay loading app setting is enabled.

xzDan
Level 8

Yes they are.

If you want the App ID then tell me and I will send it via PM.

xzDan
Level 8

Bumping this in case any progress has been made. 

I do find that editing entries and going back to the list, back to editing is leading to very high RAM increases. I am using automatic refresh for a gallery (delegated) - does this itself cause more usage than manual refreshes? Surely it will only refresh if and when it needs to?