cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bloodoff
Level 8

Merge two single-column tables into one without "each record of the table is added as a separate record"

Hi PA Community,

Is there a simple way to merge two tables into one line by line, i.e without "each record of the table is added as a separate record"? (the only thing in common is exactly the same number of rows)

Wish these tables had an internal index which I believe they don't, which people have asked for.

What I have:

Table1		Table2
------		------
A		1
B		2
C		3
...		...

What's needed:

Table3
------------------------
Column1		Column2
-------		-------
A		1
B		2
C		3
...		...

Sorry, if it's super simple, sometimes we all overcomplicate things Smiley Happy

PS. I do have a workaround for my specific PowerApps Form but that doesn't answer my question.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Merge two single-column tables into one without "each record of the table is added as a separate record"

@bloodoff 

Sure thing...here's a pretty basic formula for that:

Clear(oneCollection);
ForAll(Table1, 
Collect(oneCollection,
{Column1:Value,
Column2:Last(FirstN(Table2, CountRows(oneCollection)+1)).Value
}
)
)

I hope that helps point you in the right direction.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Merge two single-column tables into one without "each record of the table is added as a separate record"

@bloodoff 

Sure thing...here's a pretty basic formula for that:

Clear(oneCollection);
ForAll(Table1, 
Collect(oneCollection,
{Column1:Value,
Column2:Last(FirstN(Table2, CountRows(oneCollection)+1)).Value
}
)
)

I hope that helps point you in the right direction.

bloodoff
Level 8

Thanks!

That's a workaround for a missing index column, isn't it? Smiley Happy

Super User
Super User

@bloodoff 

Yes you can.  However, ForAll's are expensive.  So performance can take a hit if overused.

I use this indexing in places where there are small amounts of data to display - like a filtered Gallery.  And usually only to generate an index for even/odd numbering so that I can highlight alternate rows.  It gets tricky sometimes doing that, but...yep...it can be done.