cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manolin010
Level: Powered On

Model Drive Apps

Good Day

Bear with me as i am not too familiar yet with PowerApps.  I wanted to ask/understand if Connectors are elegible for use with Model Driven Apps or if Connectors are really just for Canvas based apps.  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Model Drive Apps

Model-driven apps connect to the Common Data Service entities you have. From that model-driven app, you might kick off flows which interact with other connectors.

And it is now possible to embed canvas apps into model-driven apps, being another interaction between model-driven apps and the connectors.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Model-driven apps connect to the Common Data Service entities you have. From that model-driven app, you might kick off flows which interact with other connectors.

And it is now possible to embed canvas apps into model-driven apps, being another interaction between model-driven apps and the connectors.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Manolin010 ,

Currently, within PowerApps, all the connectors (except Common Data Service) are just for canvas app. Within Model-Driven app, we could only choose Entities stored in Common Data Service as data source.

More details about the comparison between canvas app and Model-Driven app, please check the following blog:

https://community.dynamics.com/365/b/dynamicscitizendeveloper/archive/2018/04/26/powerapps-canvas-vs...

If you want to use connectors within Model-Driven app, as an alternative solution, you could consider take a try to embed an canvas app within your Model-Driven form, then you could use connectors within the embedded canvas app.

More details about embedding a canvas app within a Model-Driven form, please check the following blog:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/enrich-your-model-driven-forms-with-embedded-canvas-apps-...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.