cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThaiAn_Vu
Level: Powered On

Multi-Datasource navigation between forms

Hi all, I am using Sharepoint list and I have: • FormA connected to Datasource A showing a personnel basic information • FormB connected to Datasource B showing a personnel's leave record Datasource A and Datasource B connected to each other by a lookup column called "ID" I created ButtonA to navigate from FormA to FormB and I would like FormB to create/display personnel's leave record using the looked up ID. Could you guys help me out ? I am sorry that I could not clearly explaining the issues, so should you have any further questions, please do ask me!

Accepted Solutions
Super User Rank
Super User

Re: Multi-Datasource navigation between forms

Hi Than, Normally there would be a gallery screen where you would choose a particular individual. Then you would navigate from there to FormA. The Datasource would be the same as the gallery, say DS1 and the Item property of the form would be Gallery1.Selected. However, If you are using a different datasource, in the form than in the gallery, say DS2, you would use a Lookup() in the form's Item property, ie. Lookup(DS2,ID=Gallery1.Selected.ID). In each instance where a different datasource is used for a form, the datasource in the form and the datasource in the Lookup() would have to be the same. If you were starting with a Form rather than a gallery, you would use the Set() function to create a global variable from the ID in FormA the first time that you navigated to another form. If the ID was held in the DataCardValue control, say DataCardValue1 on FormA then the OnSelect property of the button would be Navigate(FormB,None);Set(gvar,DataCardValue1.Value). Then the Item property for any other forms would be Lookup(DSx, ID=gvar)

All Replies
Super User Rank
Super User

Hi Than, Normally there would be a gallery screen where you would choose a particular individual. Then you would navigate from there to FormA. The Datasource would be the same as the gallery, say DS1 and the Item property of the form would be Gallery1.Selected. However, If you are using a different datasource, in the form than in the gallery, say DS2, you would use a Lookup() in the form's Item property, ie. Lookup(DS2,ID=Gallery1.Selected.ID). In each instance where a different datasource is used for a form, the datasource in the form and the datasource in the Lookup() would have to be the same. If you were starting with a Form rather than a gallery, you would use the Set() function to create a global variable from the ID in FormA the first time that you navigated to another form. If the ID was held in the DataCardValue control, say DataCardValue1 on FormA then the OnSelect property of the button would be Navigate(FormB,None);Set(gvar,DataCardValue1.Value). Then the Item property for any other forms would be Lookup(DSx, ID=gvar)
ThaiAn_Vu
Level: Powered On

It worked well, thank you very very very much!