cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cmagee2433
Level: Powered On

NEW FEATURE: Depends On

Last night around 7pm I was trying to create my first Cascading Dropdown and I was following Shane Young's tutorial and then suddenly an progress I had made stopped working. I trouble shot it for hours but to no avail. This morning I see an update was pushed:

When clicking on a field the Depends On option is now there. Does anyone know how to use this and is this the new way of creating cascading dropdowns? Any tutorials?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff emmac
PowerApps Staff

Re: NEW FEATURE: Depends On

Here's the Microsoft documentation that has the detailed instructions: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/dependent-drop-down-lists 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
OneThing
Level 8

I was about to create a post about this asking the same question but I saw your post first.

I've had a look though, and it basically allows you to generate an Items statement.

I.E selecting the following options
 Screenshot_12.png

Changes the Items property to

Filter('[dbo].[WellbeingSessions]', TypeID = Drp_SessionTypeFilter_1.Selected.ID)

A handy feature for new users who are having trouble writing a Filter statement but it has a few issues as far as I can see.

• Only allows selections of Data Sources, so collections etc. don't appear.
  • Only allows Filtering on one data value.

As a starter for people new to PowerApps its useful but you can totally ignore it for writing your queries.

Thanks,

Nicky

PowerApps Staff emmac
PowerApps Staff

Here's the Microsoft documentation that has the detailed instructions: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/dependent-drop-down-lists 

FredericForest

would be great if these new features could appear in the official weekly release page... Smiley Happy

Administrator
Administrator

@FredericForest We'll look into it. Thanks 

@TopShelf-MSFT 

luuminhvuong93

I was excited til I discovered that Collection is not supported,

Since my app needs offline capability, most data is stored in "collections"