cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vish_p
Level 8

Navigation error : Invalid datasource

I am facing an issue i.e. i used to navigate users to a "Detailscreen" wherein the details of the item selected by the user on the Datatable is used to displayed i.e. the formula in "Onselect" property of Datatable was :

Navigate(detailscreen,Fade) 

and the "Items" property of that particular details form was :

Datatable1.Selected

this used to work earlier,now after applying following formula (in "Items" propery of Datatable1) : 

AddColumns(Filter(POlistitems,Author.Email = User().Email),"Application Status",Status.Value)

whenever i try Datatable.Selected i am getting an error : "Invalid Formula Expected a value Compatible with Datasource" And the datasource for my Detailscreen Form is "POlistitems"(i.e. the cllection of 2 sharepointlists)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Navigation error : Invalid datasource

Hi @vish_p,

You will find that you cannot save to a collection from an Edit form.  Also, a single form can only write to one datasource at a time.  If you are creating a collection and making changes to it, it only exists in memory until you save the changes back to the original datasources. If you leave PowerApps, the collection and any changes you make to it will disappear.  

To make any permanent changes, you have to save your data back to the original datasources you used to create the collection.  If there are two datasources, you can either use two Edit forms or use the Patch() function twice to do this. Also If your two datasources are a One to many type relationship, you will not be able to save the Many side of the relationship until you create the One side. 

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

You need to make the item property of the form match the datasource
Lookup(POlistitems,ID=Datatable1.Selected.ID)
Since the datasource of the gallery no longer matches the datasource of the form, you must be more specific. 

vish_p
Level 8

I tried this,but is not working,please tell me how to mactch the datasources on both places

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

The datasource of the form has to be an actual list not a collection.

vish_p
Level 8

i need to collect data from 2 lists actually,without that the app wont acheive its objective.Any workaround may be ?

Super User
Super User

Hi @vish_p,

You will find that you cannot save to a collection from an Edit form.  Also, a single form can only write to one datasource at a time.  If you are creating a collection and making changes to it, it only exists in memory until you save the changes back to the original datasources. If you leave PowerApps, the collection and any changes you make to it will disappear.  

To make any permanent changes, you have to save your data back to the original datasources you used to create the collection.  If there are two datasources, you can either use two Edit forms or use the Patch() function twice to do this. Also If your two datasources are a One to many type relationship, you will not be able to save the Many side of the relationship until you create the One side. 

CindyZ
Level: Powered On

Oh my gosh!!!  This has been a lifesaver for me!  Thanks so much! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 58 members 4,366 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: