Defaults([DETAILS]),
            {
                OPTION: ID,
                ANSWERS: #####
            }
        )
    )
);

I'm trying to call the value from [OPTIONS] to populate the #####. It seems that the ForAll() function only pulls fields from [ANSWERS].

Any ideas?

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Nested ForAll() column identificiation

Hi @opticshrew2 ,

Do you want to reference the values from the '[OPTIONS]' data source within your nested Patch function?

If you want to reference the values from the '[OPTIONS]' data source within your nested Patch function, I think the Disambiguation operator (@) could achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, please consider modify your formula as below:

ForAll(
       [OPTIONS],
       ForAll(
             Filter(
                    [ANSWERS],
                    state = 0
                   ),
             Patch(
                   [DETAILS],
                   Defaults([DETAILS]),
                   {
                    ANSWERS: [OPTIONS][@ColumnName]      /* <-- Modify your formula here */
                   }
             )
        )
)

Note: I assume that the [OPTIONS] represents your data source. The ColumnName represents the column in your [OPTIONS], which you want to populate for the ANSWERS column.

More details about the Disambiguation operator (@) in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/operators#disambiguation-oper...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @opticshrew2 ,

Do you want to reference the values from the '[OPTIONS]' data source within your nested Patch function?

If you want to reference the values from the '[OPTIONS]' data source within your nested Patch function, I think the Disambiguation operator (@) could achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, please consider modify your formula as below:

ForAll(
       [OPTIONS],
       ForAll(
             Filter(
                    [ANSWERS],
                    state = 0
                   ),
             Patch(
                   [DETAILS],
                   Defaults([DETAILS]),
                   {
                    ANSWERS: [OPTIONS][@ColumnName]      /* <-- Modify your formula here */
                   }
             )
        )
)

Note: I assume that the [OPTIONS] represents your data source. The ColumnName represents the column in your [OPTIONS], which you want to populate for the ANSWERS column.

More details about the Disambiguation operator (@) in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/operators#disambiguation-oper...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for posting in the community @opticshrew2 - can you review the above reply and update the thread if it was helpful?

Thank you,

@TopShelf-MSFT