cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patrickabel
Level: Powered On

Now() is correct in PowerApps but wrong once pushed to SharePoint via Patch()

I have a Visitor Management Solution PowerApp which checks users in and out of an office.

On button click following the check-in process, I am running a Patch() command to take the current time via Now() and store this value as a timestamp to a list in SharePoint Online.

Now() shows the correct local time in PowerApps, but once this value is pushed to SharePoint, the value is two hours in the past. I'm in CST. What's the recommendation here? Is this simply a bug?

This is not a "your time-zone is wrong in SharePoint" issue.

I can do something like DateAdd(Now(), -2, Hours) in order to get the data pushed to SharePoint correctly but then I'll have to make the same correction/conversion everywhere in my app where this date-time is returned and shown. This approach would also not support situations where multiple time-zones are in play which will be common for me moving forward.

5 REPLIES 5
patrickabel

Re: Now() is correct in PowerApps but wrong once pushed to SharePoint via Patch()

Just checking back in, can anyone help on this issue?

patrickabel

Re: Now() is correct in PowerApps but wrong once pushed to SharePoint via Patch()

bump, any assistance here would be appreciated. 

jernejp

Any luck? I have the same issue

jernejp

Bump

Administrator
Administrator

Hi All,

I found a similar thread that discusses timestamps in SharePoint. Please review the following and let me know if it's helpful 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Expressions-and-Formulas/Write-Date-Time-to-Sharepoint/td-p/1594...

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 166 members 4,165 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: