cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mandi-parker
Level: Powered On

Office365Users.MyProfileV2('$select:'

I have an app that needs the employeeId field from Azure AD.  I've set up a flow and passed the employeeId back to PowerApps, but I was hoping to find a way to do it with a direct connection from PowerApps.  I've found documentation on the Office365 Users connection that says that you can select additional fields outside of the default ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365users/).  IntelliSense gives a {'$select': option on Office365Users.MyProfileV2().

I've created a button to do the following:

Set(varUserV2Select,Office365Users.MyProfileV2({'$select':"userPrincipalName,employeeId,displayName,mail,mailNickname"}))

I can still only get to all of the default fields.  I can't figure out how to get to employeeId.  Is this even possible, or am I reading too much into the documentation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Office365Users.MyProfileV2('$select:'

@mandi-parker 

Yes...reading a little too much into the documentation!

Although you can pass the fields that you want to return, you can still only access the values that there are properties for on the GraphUser object that is returned.  If there was an employeeId property on that, then it would work, but there is, sadly enough, none at this time.

Not the answer you expected perhaps, but I hope it helps.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@mandi-parker 

Yes...reading a little too much into the documentation!

Although you can pass the fields that you want to return, you can still only access the values that there are properties for on the GraphUser object that is returned.  If there was an employeeId property on that, then it would work, but there is, sadly enough, none at this time.

Not the answer you expected perhaps, but I hope it helps.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
mandi-parker
Level: Powered On

Thank you, @RandyHayes 

So select is a way to limit the data returned and not to get to additional fields available through the Graph API for Get User, then.  Does anyone have any other ways to get to this other than going through flow?  Custom connection to Graph API through PowerApps?  Thanks!

Super User
Super User

@mandi-parker 

Yes, you can do a custom connector.  I've done that in the past to get around the issue. But, it is a custom connector (mind you license) and it does require some steps to put in place.

However...word on the street is that PowerApps will soon be able to access the Graph API more completely - this is purely anecdotal based on a conversation from Build this year, I cannot confirm it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 79 members 4,660 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: