cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
polska2180
Level: Powered On

On button select set radio button to pick one selection

I have 4 buttons, lets say button 1, 2,3 & 4, and a radio that has 4 options to chose from that will correspond to those buttons so 4 choices  A,B,C & D called CMITYPE.  What I would like to do is is on click of button 1 that the radio shows selection of A if I click on button 2 radio B selects etc.  What is the easiest way to go about this?  TY for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: On button select set radio button to pick one selection

Quick and easy answer is:

In the OnSelect of each button:

Button 1 OnSelect -  UpdateContext({OptChoice:"A"})

Button 1 OnSelect -  UpdateContext({OptChoice:"B"})

Button 1 OnSelect -  UpdateContext({OptChoice:"C"})

Button 1 OnSelect -  UpdateContext({OptChoice:"D"})

In the Default property of the Radio control:

OptChoice

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Quick and easy answer is:

In the OnSelect of each button:

Button 1 OnSelect -  UpdateContext({OptChoice:"A"})

Button 1 OnSelect -  UpdateContext({OptChoice:"B"})

Button 1 OnSelect -  UpdateContext({OptChoice:"C"})

Button 1 OnSelect -  UpdateContext({OptChoice:"D"})

In the Default property of the Radio control:

OptChoice

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
polska2180

Quick and easy i like ty...worked like a charm but annoyingly does not save to sharepoint where the info is being stored unless a user manually makes the selection, super frustrating.  So even though when i click the button A is selected in the radio list, once form is submitted it shows that row cell as blank, on the other hand if i then change to a different selection and back to A or just manually enter the selection it shows A B C or D.

polska2180

So my follow up issue with the radio button not saving to sharepoint, I moved the patch() command to the button itself instead of the radio button and for whatever reason this way worked.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Yes, you would need to put the update/patch logic somewhere.  I would have said the button would be the best place. When you start "automating" the default on another control and then use OnChange or OnCheck or OnUncheck, you can get yourself into a situation where things get fired off in a way you didn't expect.  The button is the good choice.  However...if the user would also be checking/unchecking the radio control as well as possibly the button, then you will need to consider putting the update/patch logic in the OnChange event.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 56 members 4,968 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: