cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jakebarshick
Level: Powered On

OnSelect on gallery not working

I have been working on an app for a couple weeks now and then today randomly all my galleries don't seem to fire the "OnSelect" action when an item is clicked on. I tested this out with a couple other apps, including creating a new app from a template with a gallery and no luck. Anyone else experience this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jakebarshick

Re: OnSelect on gallery not working

This ended up resolving itself. I'm fairly sure it was a bug in Power Apps. I tested the app this morning without making any changes and everything works as expected again.
5 REPLIES 5
jakebarshick

An update here, I tried this with a powerapp in a completely different O365 tenant and appear to have the same issue so this appears to be a bug in PowerApps? This is causing a lot of issues for me today.

Super User
Super User

Working fine for me.  

Have you tried another computer and/or browser?

Possibly an issue within your OnSelect statements (although I would find it hard to believe all of them would have such an issue)?

Possibly create a fresh App and try a quick test?

Dawidvh
Level 10

Hi @jakebarshick

If you are using a 3 screen PowerApp that was created from data, you might find that the OnSelect for the gallery doesn't trigger because the greater than icon does the work when clicked on and not the gallery.
2019-02-06_21-02-07.pngOnSelect on Gallery not triggering

If you want the Gallery to do the work and trigger the OnSelect, move the formula form the icon to the OnSelect of the Gallery, and then either remove the greater than icon, or enter the following formula for the Icon OnSelect. This can also be done for other controls on the Gallery to make sure that the user can click anywhere in the Gallery to trigger the onselect.

Select(Parent)

Please let me know if you don't come right.

twitter: @dawidvh

youTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIMe_ErQZP5chbI9UyW0xLw

>>If you found this reply helpful, please mark this as the answer to close the topic and make it easier to find for other people with similar questions.<<

KroonOfficeSol
Level 10

@jakebarshick

An Idea is to saveas your current app with a new name (so you don't lose your changes) and then set the original app back to ealier versions and check wether it working again then.

Also try to add an new label to your gallery and put your formulas on the label.OnSelect, to see if the gallery then works. 
Uncheck Explicit Column Selection in the Advanced settings menu, save, close, run again. See what happens.

Let us know if one of above work.

Paul

jakebarshick

This ended up resolving itself. I'm fairly sure it was a bug in Power Apps. I tested the app this morning without making any changes and everything works as expected again.