Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
atte
Level: Powered On

Opening SP List attachment by using Launch does not work

Hello,

I built a PA app which uses SharePoint List as datasource. The list includes attachments and adding/deleting those works well. The problem is in opening attacments by using the Launch formula. They are loaded to workstation instead of opening the documents in O365.

A new browser window flashes open-close when trying to Launch and then the file is saved i.e. loaded to workstation. I tried this both with galleries and datatables.

All goes well if the file is in SP Library but with SP List Attachments it doesn't work.

Also, there is no OnSelect event available in Attachment object even if some documentation is telling so?

Office 365

SharePoint Online

Chrome (popups allowed)   -   Update: the problem seems to be in browser. In Edge the launching works. The problem still is that because of the SharePoint my client is stuck with Chrome. Is there some settings or add-ins for Chrome that would solve this?

Any advises?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Opening SP List attachment by using Launch does not work

Hi @atte,

I just checked and it is true that Attachments control does not have OnSelect property. I will try to report this.

About the launching problem, is there any pop-up windown while launching in chrome?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
atte

Hi Mona,

thanks for your reply. There is no pop-up shown in Chrome. A new tab (page) opens and closes in browser which takes a few seconds, after which the automatic download to own workstation starts.

Rgds, atte

atte

Some more information: If i have a plain *.txt document, it opens to new Chrome browser page. If i have a document which requires MS Office (Excel, Word, etc.) to open then the problem occures.

Office 365 is in use.

Rgds, Atte

atte

@v-monli-msft

Mona, did you find out anything useful with this? Thx, atte