cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FABIAN50
Level: Powered On

Password generator

Hello friends,
Has anyone any idea how to create an App that generates passwords? That is, let me choose length, if it contains numbers, letters, special characters.

Greetings

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Eloy

Re: Password generator

That can be done using a PowerApp connected to a MS Flow. Then you can use the flow to call many of the available free HTTP APIs out there. The one I have used before is : 

Makemeapassword

Have the PowerApp collect the necessary items (see the API) I beleive there are only like 2 or 3 items, call the flow, the flow can return a text with the new password.

Highlighted
Eloy

I just called the API using Postman, see the generated password in the response. Remeber that you can control how secure and how many characters, etc . Hope this helps

passwords.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @FABIAN50 ,

Do you want to set password by PowerApp?

I think Textinput control can achiveve this.

Insert one textinput control and then set its Mode to "Password".

20190314passwordgenerate.PNG

More information:

control-text-input#prompt-for-a-password

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

Super User
Super User

Hi @FABIAN50 ,

You could build it - using a combination of lookup tables and the Rand() function.

With something like TableA-Z, Table0-9, TableSpecialChar, and a minLength variable you could use Rand() to lookup an initial index to randomly select a table, then have it lookup a random index on that table to randomly select a value from that table and iterate the process minLength times to get your password.....but just describing it sounds painful Man Wink 

Perhaps easier to create a connector to something like https://www.passwordrandom.com/api and use that instead?  Depends on how paranoid you are about security I guess.

Hope this helps,

RT

FABIAN50

Thank you.

The idea is to be able to generate random passwords so that the user can use them to authenticate in other systems and not have to think about robust passwords. Many users have difficulty in creating strong passwords.

FABIAN50

Thank you Russel,

For ease it sounds more interesting about the connector. Could you give me more details or an idea of ​​how to do it?

Eloy

That can be done using a PowerApp connected to a MS Flow. Then you can use the flow to call many of the available free HTTP APIs out there. The one I have used before is : 

Makemeapassword

Have the PowerApp collect the necessary items (see the API) I beleive there are only like 2 or 3 items, call the flow, the flow can return a text with the new password.

Highlighted
Eloy

I just called the API using Postman, see the generated password in the response. Remeber that you can control how secure and how many characters, etc . Hope this helps

passwords.PNG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Eloy @FABIAN50 @RusselThomas ,

Thanks for your posts and suggestions.

Best Regards.

Yumia

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 199 members 4,591 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: