Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
seanpanter
Level: Powered On

Patch Audio Files to OneDrive / Blob Storage

Hi everyone,

I am trying to upload Microphone Audio to OneDrive or Blob Storage.

I've seen these examples of uploading images in PowerApps to Blob Storage and OneDrive:

Has anyone used a Patch function to send Microphone.Audio to Blob or OneDrive storage?

I've provided screenshots of the solution I am working on below. Ideas / suggestions appreciated.  Many thanks in advance.  

Implementation

• Below is a snap of the button OnSelect - it is attempting to Patch the Microphone.Audio to the OneDrive datasource (Excel - Table1).
  • After the Patch function, I am clearing the Collection of Audio and Refreshing the gallery of data in OneDrive

AppCapture.png

Results

The Excel file in OneDrive is updated. The MicAudio column get's the path to the .3gp audio file stored in the Android PowerApp's Local File Storage

• The audio file is not uploaded to OneDrive, but the Excel table data is updated with the file's path on the Android Device
  • The second link above shows a folder that is created by the service to store the images as they are uploaded from the PowerApp.  I would am trying to acheive the same functionality for an audio file.

ExcelCapture.png

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Patch Audio Files to OneDrive / Blob Storage

Hi @seanpanter,

For image uploading into OneDrive, there is corresponding document published:

Add images to Excel from PowerApps

But there is no document talking about Audio files.

There should be some pre-defined mechanism for PowerApps service to auto-generate the image folder when working with image files, but I don't think there is also a similar mechanism defined for the audio files.

Besides, using the API should work.

Also adding an idea for reference:

Using patch to depost picture does so with file extension

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
seanpanter
Level: Powered On

Hi Michael,

Much thanks for the prompt response. 

I was hoping that there might be a similar mechanism for audio files - often media files are handled in similar manner. 

As of now, I haven't found a way of moving audio files that have been captured with the Microphone control into a new storage area using stock PowerApps functionality.  It will stay on the device that it was captured on (unless you are using the web client - in this case it will be stored in Azure Blob Storage).

@pratapladhani - I've seen your response on this thread regarding storing audio files from Power Apps.  Can you confirm whether or not you can use a Patch function call to move an audio file into another datasource?  Any guidance or advice on this topic would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

PowerApps Staff EvanChakiMSFT
PowerApps Staff

You can now upload any type of file to Azure Blob Storage, including audio and use it back in your PowerApp. https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/upload-files-from-powerapps-using-the-azure-blob-storage-...

panterra
Level 8

Great news and thank you for the follow up! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Tomorrow, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 118 members 4,346 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: