Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JamieD76
Level: Powered On

Patch Update Sharepoint Column Determined Based on Current Month

Hi All,

I have a need to Patch an update to a Sharepoint List based on a Field Name that will update based on the current month.

In the formula below Jul_x0020_18_x0020_Actions is the Field I have hard coded to update on the SP List.

Patch('Risk Actions Log',First(Filter('Risk Actions Log', Scheme = "A5036", Title=Result)),{Jul_x0020_18_x0020_Actions:Value(lblActionCount_A5036.Text)});

I have the rest of the year in the same format in other fields in the Sharepoint List.

Aug 18 Actions

Sep 18 Actions

Is it possible to hardcode the current month into the same format and then replace the field in the patch with a variable perahps based on current month

Set(FieldToUpdate,Text(Today(),"[$-en-US]mmm")&"_x0020_"&Text(Today(),"[$-en-US]yy")&"_x0020_Actions")

Patch('Risk Actions Log',First(Filter('Risk Actions Log', Scheme = "A5036", Title=Result)),{FieldToUpdate:Value(lblActionCount_A5036.Text)});

I cannot seem to get this to work is it possible?

Best Regards

Jamie

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Patch Update Sharepoint Column Determined Based on Current Month

Hi @JamieD76,

I'm afraid that this cannot be achieved. Since in Patch function, you refer to a record in the curly braces, the column name part has to be spelled, not from controls.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.