Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jack_Stewart
Level: Powered On

Patch () function stopped longer working

Hi All,

My PowerApp stopped patching text to my sharepoint list about 5 days ago. I've restored to older versions of the app without any success. Here is the Patch() formula I am using:

Patch(TWData,Last(TWData),{Title:"TWData",FAQs:"Y"})

I've also read the following community posts in hopes of finding a solution, but was unable to solve my issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have run out of ideas.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/Patch-function-not-working-properly/m-p/122365#M26...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Patch-amp-Collect-functions-no-longer-working...

Thank you in advance for your time!

Accepted Solutions
Jack_Stewart

Re: Patch () function stopped longer working

Hi @Drrickryp ,

I'm using the Patch to edit an existing record that is generated from the Collect function. I created a new sharepoint list yesterday and the patch function started working again. Not sure what I did to the old sharepoint list to make it stop, but at least I am able to continue collecting data with the new list. Any idea as to why the Patch stopped working? I want to prevent this from happening again in the future. Thank you in advance.

Best,

J.

All Replies
Super User Rank
Super User

Hi @Jack_Stewart,

In your application, are you using the Patch to add new records to a datasource or are you using it to edit an existing record?

Jack_Stewart

Hi @Drrickryp ,

I'm using the Patch to edit an existing record that is generated from the Collect function. I created a new sharepoint list yesterday and the patch function started working again. Not sure what I did to the old sharepoint list to make it stop, but at least I am able to continue collecting data with the new list. Any idea as to why the Patch stopped working? I want to prevent this from happening again in the future. Thank you in advance.

Best,

J.