cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nigeli
Level: Powered On

People Picker in Customised Sharepoint List Form Not Allowing Deleting Entry

I have a sharepoint list which has a number of people picker lists. I have created a custom form using PowerApps. When I creae a new entry it allows these fields to be blank as they are not required. However, when i have made an entry in any of the people picker fields it will not allow me to subsequently to delete any entry. Is there a record limit on customised forms as there is on an app. I have an identical list which has no data, and when i creae a new entry and subsequently edit it it allows deleting the person.

No of records is 700.

Any suggestions greatfully received.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: People Picker in Customised Sharepoint List Form Not Allowing Deleting Entry

@nigeli Please see this thread currently running where we are discussing this same issue.  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Cannot-remove-selected-item-from-dropdown-fie...  

nigeli

Re: People Picker in Customised Sharepoint List Form Not Allowing Deleting Entry

Hi, that appears to be associated with an app rather then a customised form. It does work on a list with a small number of items in it. So cant understand why it wont allow me to on my list.

Super User
Super User

@nigeli You are right with regards to the Customized list.  When we found the solution for the app, I tried to see if the same would work for the Customized form (setting Formula-level error management on in the App for the customized form) but it did not.  It appears this feature does not impact the customized forms (at least as of yet).  Sorry it did not pan out as a solution.

nigeli

@LRVinNCbut can you think of any reason why it wouldnt work? Having done some more tests it looks like it affects date pickers as well on this particular list. I do feel it may have something to do with the treshold as i have said previously i have an identical list, which has only a couple of entries in and when i have created a customised form i have not having the same problem. 

Oh well they will have to put up with standard oob forms for now.

Thanks for your input.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 193 members 5,730 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: