Level 10

Performance issues on heavy screens

Hi,

I have a SharePoint customized form with:

• one screen
  • 3 form controls
  • 250 datacards distributed in those 3 forms
  • 50 other various controls on the screen itself

Whenever I want to rename ONE datacard and its 4 controls, performance is just HORRIBLE...

It takes me 1 minute and 27 seconds to go from this:

Image 25.png

to this:

Image 26.png

And as you can see on this capture, you can clearly identify in the capture below the moments I rename a control:

Image 24.png

And as you can see below, it is mainly just waiting for the response form the PowerApps servers:

Image 27.png

Is there any chance that something will be done in the near future to improve this ? Because it is extremly time-consuming when creating complex forms...

Has anyone else noticed this in a similar situation ?

Thanks for your feedback,

Emmanuel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Performance issues on heavy screens

Hi @egallis ,

This is because that you have too many controls for this app. According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/performance-tips, 

PowerApps generates an HTML DOM to render each control. The more controls you add, the more generation time PowerApps needs.

You can, in some cases, achieve the same result and have the app start faster if you use a gallery instead of individual controls. In addition, you might want to reduce the number of control types on the same screen. Some controls (such as PDF viewer, data table, and combo box) pull in large execution scripts and take longer to render.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Performance issues on heavy screens

Hi @egallis ,

This is because that you have too many controls for this app. According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/performance-tips, 

PowerApps generates an HTML DOM to render each control. The more controls you add, the more generation time PowerApps needs.

You can, in some cases, achieve the same result and have the app start faster if you use a gallery instead of individual controls. In addition, you might want to reduce the number of control types on the same screen. Some controls (such as PDF viewer, data table, and combo box) pull in large execution scripts and take longer to render.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.