cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimbo1
Level: Powered On

Person not showing in dropdown

Hi,

We have been experiencing a problem today with names not appearing in a dropdown that is linked to a sharepoint people column. When I go into the sharepoint list and edit the item this works fine so it must be a problem in the link between Powerapps & Sharepoint. Is anyone able to advise when this will be resolved?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft Employee

Re: Person not showing in dropdown

Hello @Jimbo1,

This is a known issue. A fix for this issue should be available in the next day or so.

As a temporary workaround (until the fixed version is available), please make sure that the SharePoint column is set to allow both Paerons and Groups. That should address the issue that you describe.

PowerApps Staff tahoon
PowerApps Staff

The fix has been deployed. If you have already published an app with the bug, you will have to open the app in PowerApps Studio and re-publish to get the fix. We apologize for the inconvenience and are reviewing how we can prevent similar incidents from happening in future.

Please let me know if you still are having problems with this issue.

5 REPLIES 5
Microsoft Employee

Hello @Jimbo1,

This is a known issue. A fix for this issue should be available in the next day or so.

As a temporary workaround (until the fixed version is available), please make sure that the SharePoint column is set to allow both Paerons and Groups. That should address the issue that you describe.

Highlighted
Jimbo1

Hi @dinusc

Thanks for the speedy response, unfortunately that does not seem to be working. Hopefully will be working by Monday.

PowerApps Staff mabolan
PowerApps Staff

To track the issue, you can visit our support page: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

We'll be updating it as we roll out the fix for this issue.

PowerApps Staff tahoon
PowerApps Staff

The fix has been deployed. If you have already published an app with the bug, you will have to open the app in PowerApps Studio and re-publish to get the fix. We apologize for the inconvenience and are reviewing how we can prevent similar incidents from happening in future.

Please let me know if you still are having problems with this issue.

FastTrack

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue:

I have a SharePoint List with names in a Person/Group field and created a form with the fields. The fields just show "Find items" and the dropdown triangle, but there are no names to select from. I already changed the fields to Person&Groups, but it doesn't change anything.

What I need is a DropDown field with Names to select from, that I then can use for an email. If these names come from a List, Excel online, Sharepoint group - I do not care as I just need a solution except for hardc coding the values.

Thanks for help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 133 members 4,424 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: