cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smartin
Level: Powered On

Pop On on label value

Wondering if this is possible. 

I have an app that allows my clients to enter their coaching times for the day. We want a pop up to pop once they hit the threshold of 2 hours. After submissions, my label, let's call it: TodaysCoaching is updated with the total of the times submitted today. 

Sometimes there's a delay between the SP list data, and what the value of the label displays 

Is it possible that no matter what page in the app my clients might be on, that there could be a code that looks for the value of TodaysCoaching label and then if it meets that value it would pop on the page they are on?

And second to that, once that pop up pops...I don't want it to pop a second time if they continue submitting time. 

I feel like this is a pretty big ask. Thanks in advance guys. I'm totally lost. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Pop On on label value

@smartin 

Actually not too big an ask to deal with...

Since you seem to indicate that you are dealing with multiple screens for input, what you will need is a global variable to hold the value of the hours.  You can continue to add value to that variable one each screen you need.

The challenge comes with putting a pop-up on each screen.  That can be done, but you will have to duplicate those controls on each screen.  You could use a component, but again...each screen.  What I would suggest is to have a dedicated screen that will have the pop-up message on it and a button for "Ok".  Then, put a Toggle control on that screen (you can hide it) and set the default value to (yourGlobalVariable >=2) .  Then in the OnCheck action of the Toggle control, put a Navigate(yourPopUpScreenName, None) formula on it.  On the Button put the OnSelect action as Back() this will take you back to the original screen.

Since the toggle switched to "checked" once the condition is met, it will not happen again unless the Toggle is reset back to "off".

Now...the only caveat to this is that, due to a difference between design time and run time, this toggle will not work in run mode unless you reference it on each page.  So, just put a hidden label on each screen with yourToggleName.Value and that will resolve that issue.  It's much easier to put that simple label on each screen than to put the controls and other mechanisms for a pop up.

I hope this is helpful and provides a solution for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
K-A-R-L
Level 8

Hi @smartin ,

You can try using a Timer Control and Notify function in Powerapps to achieve this. 

NOTE: Pop up will appear as banner message to the user at the top of the screen, overlaying what is currently displayed. (It will still appear even if you change screen)

On the Timer Control:

Set the Duration to: 720000 //(2hrs) You can test this to run every 10 seconds just change the value to 10000
Set the Repeat to: True //(If you want pop up to appear every 2 hours)
Set the OnTimerEnd to:  Notify( "You have hit your threshold of 2 hours", NotificationType.Warning)

Just have a play with it and let me know if you need help.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@smartin 

Actually not too big an ask to deal with...

Since you seem to indicate that you are dealing with multiple screens for input, what you will need is a global variable to hold the value of the hours.  You can continue to add value to that variable one each screen you need.

The challenge comes with putting a pop-up on each screen.  That can be done, but you will have to duplicate those controls on each screen.  You could use a component, but again...each screen.  What I would suggest is to have a dedicated screen that will have the pop-up message on it and a button for "Ok".  Then, put a Toggle control on that screen (you can hide it) and set the default value to (yourGlobalVariable >=2) .  Then in the OnCheck action of the Toggle control, put a Navigate(yourPopUpScreenName, None) formula on it.  On the Button put the OnSelect action as Back() this will take you back to the original screen.

Since the toggle switched to "checked" once the condition is met, it will not happen again unless the Toggle is reset back to "off".

Now...the only caveat to this is that, due to a difference between design time and run time, this toggle will not work in run mode unless you reference it on each page.  So, just put a hidden label on each screen with yourToggleName.Value and that will resolve that issue.  It's much easier to put that simple label on each screen than to put the controls and other mechanisms for a pop up.

I hope this is helpful and provides a solution for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
K-A-R-L
Level 8

Hi @smartin ,

You can try using a Timer Control and Notify function in Powerapps to achieve this. 

NOTE: Pop up will appear as banner message to the user at the top of the screen, overlaying what is currently displayed. (It will still appear even if you change screen)

On the Timer Control:

Set the Duration to: 720000 //(2hrs) You can test this to run every 10 seconds just change the value to 10000
Set the Repeat to: True //(If you want pop up to appear every 2 hours)
Set the OnTimerEnd to:  Notify( "You have hit your threshold of 2 hours", NotificationType.Warning)

Just have a play with it and let me know if you need help.

Cheers

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @smartin 

Do you test with @K-A-R-L  's @RandyHayes 's suggestions?Do you fix your issue?

If it works fine,please accept it as solution.

Best Regards.

Yumia