cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gene
Level: Powered On

Populate a dropdown from a List where I need to filter by a date

Probably a newbie issue.

This is this the formula I am trying to use to populate a fitered list in a dropdon.

It seems PowerApps does not see the ( Schedule.'Week of' ) as date.   This is clearly setup as a date within the list.

Distinct(Filter(Schedule, DateDiff(Schedule.'Week of', DateAdd(Today(), -Weekday(Today())+2)) = 0), Schedule.Target)

I get a invalid argument type.

gene

Re: Populate a dropdown from a List where I need to filter by a date

A little more troubleshoooting.....  I found out Poweapps is seeing the SP List Field as a number and it's a large number like excel's native format.

So now how do I convert Today's date to a number or convert the List date field 'Week of' to a date for comparison?

gene

So thinking the the date field in SharePoint 'Week of' is in a "DateValue" format, I tried setting this part in a DateValue "DateAdd(Today(), -Weekday(Today())+2)" So the entire formula would be

Distinct(Filter(Schedule, DateDiff(Schedule.'Week of', DateValue(DateAdd(Today(), -Weekday(Today())+2))) = 0), Schedule.Target)

I still get a Invalid argument type on the operator. 

Still lost.

Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Hi @gene,

Could you please share more details about your error message with your formula in your app?

Based on the formula that you mentioned, I have made a test, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:2.JPG

If the 'Week of' column is a Date type column in your SP list, I think there is no syntax error with the formula that you provided.

Please take a try to modify your formula as below:

Distinct(
Filter(Schedule, DateDiff('Week of', DateAdd(Today(), -Weekday(Today())+2)) = 0),
Target
)

In addition, if PowerApps recognize the 'Week of' column (of your 'Schedule' SP list) as a Number type column, and you want to convert the 'Week of' column value into a Date value, please take a try with the following workaround:

Distinct(
Filter(
Schedule,
DateDiff(DateValue(Text('Week of')), DateAdd(Today(), -Weekday(Today())+2)) = 0
),
Target
)

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to re-create your SP list, and create a new app based on this SP list, try above formula again, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
gene

I am afraid I have moved to a simpler solution.   So I can no longer provide any more details.

You are welcome to delete the thread.