cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MoodyMas
Level: Powered On

Populated Lookup Field is sometimes not being displayed

Hello,

To me this is a mystery. All the lookup fields of a entity that have been populated and are definitely recorded sometimes do not display.

So I have a display form that gets its item from a gallery, and all the other Fields display perfectly apart from all the lookup fields. It is a issue in the Development environment, the Mobile and PC APP.

Please can someone let me know how I can fix this, the app has formally gone into production in the work force and this is causing problems.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Populated Lookup Field is sometimes not being displayed

HI @MoodyMas,

Where is your entity from ? CDS ?Dynamics 365 ?

I assume that the entity is from CDS .

I have made a test . There’s no issue on my side.

2.PNG

10.PNG12.PNG

Please check if you save the selected value to the lookup field .

You can create a collection from the entity and check if the lookup field in collection is blank.

Please try to remove the relationship and re-create a new relationship to another entity.

If the issue is still existed , please try to re-create an App and check if it is solved.

Regards,

Eason

Community Support Team _ Eason YU
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MoodyMas

Thanks i will be sure to check your suggestion.

However, I have actually found that the issue came from filtering the data to only show data Createdby current User().

I set a variable : OnStart: Set(CUser, User().FullName)  and filtered a gallery: Filter(Projects,CreatedBy_Local=CUser).

CreatedBy_Local is a calculated field made = to the lookup 'Created by', this elminates delegation issue.

This caused the lookup fields to sometimes not show there default data. I then added a button to refresh data Projects (If the Lookups do not display) which does solve the issue for now.

I will try and recreate this and i will post back.

Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
MoodyMas

Hello @v-sheyu-msft,

So what I thought would work, has now stopped.

I have created a collection and it populates everything correctly.

Could you advise what i should do without need to recreate my whole APP? I have recreated with the same entities and it seems the issue is no longer there. However, like my current App it sometimes works and other times not... 

I have done some more investigation, if I add the lookup field to the Gallery it shows there, but not in the view form next to it. Other times the gallery also does not show it. I have found a Gallery with no filter or search function shows the lookup fields while the other, with a number of filter and seachs does not show the lookup fields.

Thanks in advance.

MoodyMas

Hello,

Apparently it there was a problem within CDS. They believe they have solved the issue.

Thanks