cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Carl-4SCI
Level: Powered On

Possible Bug in IOS with SaveData and LoadData but only with Media/Microphone data

I am running into a bug on the iOS version of PowerApps where audio recordings saved locally do not persist in storage after exiting the app either using a button with exit() or swipe to exit the app and return to power apps menu. Upon rentering the app the recordings appear in the gallery but the data for them is missing, recording time display 0:00 and nothing can be played from it. However, this is not an issue on the Android version, as the recordings along with their data are present upon restart. Again, this bug seems to be localized to the iOS & iPadOS, PowerApps version 3.19071.14. Android PowerApps version 3.19064.10 does not have this issue, as data is present regardless of how the app is closed.

Process/Code (screenshot attached)

1. Start App - OnStart: LoadData(MySounds, "Test", true);

2. Make recordings Media mic - OnStop: Collect(MySounds, {Recording: MyMic.Audio} );

3. Display in gallery - Items: MySounds;
4. Press 'Save Data' button - OnSelect: SaveData(MySounds, "Test");

5. Press exit button - OnSelect: Exit();

or swipe to exit the app and return to power apps menu
6. Relaunch app from menu
7. Recordings will be loaded with a size of 0, and a length of 0:00.

Alternative steps:
1. Start App - OnStart: LoadData(MySounds, "Test", true);

2. Make recordings Media mic - OnStop: Collect(MySounds, {Recording: MyMic.Audio} );

3. Display in gallery - Items" MySounds;
4. Press 'Save Data' button - OnSelect: SaveData(MySounds, "Test");
5. Kill the app from the iOS/iPadOS recents menu (double click on home button and swipe to close the app).
6. Relaunch app, and the recordings will still be there in the gallery with correct recording.
5. Add another recording (step 2)

6. Second recording shows in gallery.
7. Press 'Save Data' button (step 4)

8. Press exit button - OnSelect: Exit();

or swipe to exit the app and return to power apps menu

9. Re-enter app, and recordings will be loaded with a size of 0, and a length of 0:00

12 REPLIES 12
hopha

Re: Possible Bug in IOS with SaveData and LoadData but only with Media/Microphone data

Hi, sorry to hear that you are having a problem with audio on iOS. Which version of iOS/iPad OS are you currently running on? Also, what connector did you use to save audio to? Is that Azure Blob Storage, Azure SQL, or something else?

Carl-4SCI

Re: Possible Bug in IOS with SaveData and LoadData but only with Media/Microphone data

I have iOS 12.3.1 on both the iPhone and iPad.  All data is being saved locally using the SaveData/LoadData functions.

hopha

Thanks for the information. We will investigate and get back to you shortly.

hopha

Hi @Carl-4SCI , I couldn't reproduce the isuse that you're facing. What formula did you use for your gallery?

I tested with a simple Audio control instead of a gallery, and here are my formulas:

- App: OnStart = LoadData(MySounds, "Test", true)

- Save Data button: OnSelect = SaveData(MySounds, "Test")

- Microphone: OnStop = Collect(MySounds, {Recording: Microphone1.Audio})

- Audio control: Media = Last(MySounds).Audio

My audio control is able to show the recorded files. If possible, could you post the formula for the Gallery you're using?

Carl-4SCI

Once you create and save (SaveData) the audio file (it shows in the gallery).  Exit the app.  Either by an Exit button OnSelect = Exit(), or by swiping left to close the app.  Not closing Powerapps, but only closing the app.  Then, open the created app again which should have the LoadData function in the OnStart of the app.  The gallery shows there should be a recording there, but it's recording time is 0:00 and nothing plays.

With that being said, if you create and save an audio file (shows in the gallery).  Then, exit Powerapps by double clicking the home button on iPhone or iPad then swiping powerapps closed.  Reopen Powerapps and then the media recording app (which still uses teh LoadData on the OnStart fuction), the gallery displays the saved recording and it plays correctly.

hopha

Thank you for the reply. When I closed and reopend the app and use LoadData on start, my audio control is still displaying a 0:05 audio that I saved previously. I suspect there might be a bug on Gallery itself, that's the reason why I would like to know the formula you use on your Gallery.

Carl-4SCI

Thanks for your help.  Here is some more info.

App - OnStart = LoadData(MySounds,"Test", true )

Microphone - OnStop = Collect(MySounds,{Recording: MyMic.Audio})

Save Button - OnSelect = SaveData(MySounds,"Test")
Gallery - Items = MySounds

within Gallery - Audio = ThisItem.Recording

hopha

Hi, I was able to reproduce the issue with Gallery. We will let you know when the fix is available.

Carl-4SCI

I'm glad you were able to reproduce the issue.  Please let me know when the fix is available.  Thanks for you assistance with this issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

Follow PowerApps on Twitter

Stay Up-to-Date by following PowerApps on Twitter

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

Users Online
Currently online: 156 members 4,115 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: