cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EllianHsieh
Level: Powered On

Power App dropdown field in form doesn't display exist record in SharePoint list

Hi

I am pretty new to PowerApp and trying to crate a phone for a SharePoint list.

I started creating the form by clicking "customized form " from SharePoint list. However all the drop down fields on my form don't display existing record if I clicked on an exitsing record.  How could I fix this?

Thank you!

Ellie

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Power App dropdown field in form doesn't display exist record in SharePoint list

Hi @EllianHsieh,

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:4.JPG

Please make sure that the Items property of All Combo Box control within your Drop down field Data card is set to following:

Choices('YourSPList'.ColumnName)

the DefaultSelectedItems property of All Combo Box controls within your Drop down field Data card is set to following:

Parent.Default

Please take a try to clear cache of your browser, then try your custom form again, check if the issue is solved.

In addition, please also take a try to remove the custom form from your SP list, then re-create a new one for your SP list, check if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
EllianHsieh
Level: Powered On

Re: Power App dropdown field in form doesn't display exist record in SharePoint list

Hi Kris,

I used Distinct('MyList',Country) instead of Choices and wasn't able to set Defaul property to Parenr.Defualt. I got an erro message satets" The property expect Record value, but this rule produces incompitable Text Value" Is it becasue I used "Dinstinct" instead of "Choices"?

I also created a new list in sp for testing Choices function but I wasn't able to use choice function. I got "The choices has some invalid argument. The list I used is in a excel file in my one drive and I had add the data into PowerApp.

Choice function.PNG

Thanks

Ellie

Administrator
Administrator

adding @emmac to review and assist. 

@TopShelf-MSFT

PowerApps Staff emmac
PowerApps Staff

Hey @EllianHsieh

Can you share the structure of your data that you are trying to show in your dropdown? 

Is it:

-a choice field in the SharePoint list? 

-a text field in the SharePoint list? 

-a LookUp field in the SharePoint list? 

-using Excel to present the options in the dropdown?

-another type of data? 

Are you writing the data in your PowerApps form to a SharePoint list? 

Thanks!