cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikash71
Level: Powered On

Power Apps Custom Visual for Power BI not working

Hi All,

I am trying to implement one of the app in my Power BI report which I have made already.
I want to choose the created app in my Power BI desktop but the problem is when I passed the parameter to the Power Apps visual it showing errors.
Also my default environment is Microsoft(Default).
This is happening to all my team mates.I have attached the screenshot which is showing the error.g.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff shekz
PowerApps Staff

Re: Power Apps Custom Visual for Power BI not working

Agreed @jeremygib. It should've been picked up through automated testing. I'll be sure to address this with our Power BI counterparts, but stay rest assured the feature being in Preview doesn't have anything to do with the delay in getting a resolution. Must have been a miss on our side, and I sincerely apologize on behalf of the team.

17 REPLIES 17
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @vikash71,

The PowerApps custom visual is available in preview and has these limitations:

• You cannot create or modify apps when using the PowerApps custom visual in Power BI desktop, Internet Explorer, or Mozilla Firefox. We recommend that you first publish your report to the Power BI service. Then use Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome to create new apps and make changes to apps.
  • If you change the data fields associated with the visual, you must edit the app from within the Power BI service by selecting the ellipsis (...) and then selecting Edit. Otherwise, the changes won't be propagated to PowerApps, and the app will behave in unexpected ways.
  • The PowerApps custom visual cannot trigger a refresh of the Power BI report or Power BI data source. If you write back data from the app to the same data source as the report, your changes won't be reflected immediately. Changes are reflected on the next scheduled refresh.
  • The PowerApps custom visual cannot filter the data or send any data back to the report.
  • You will need to share the PowerApps app separately from your report. Learn about sharing apps in PowerApps.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/powerapps-custom-visual

Please check if you have encountered any of these limitations.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PowerApps Staff shekz
PowerApps Staff

Update - Met with @vikash71this morning, and have engaged the PowerApps dev who'se been helping with PBI integration. The error related to environments shouldn't show up, and we're investigating the root cause. Will update the thread with the latest when I have more.

mwegener

Hi,

we have near the same error.

The PowerApp Visual get a 403 error by requesting the app list.

{"error":{"code":"InvalidPath","message":"User with object id 'xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx' and scopes 'play_powerapps' does not have permission to call route 'GET/PROVIDERS/MICROSOFT.POWERAPPS/APPS'."}}

PAViz.png 

PowerApps Staff shekz
PowerApps Staff

@mwegener - Thanks for reporting. Were you able to add the PowerApps visual in the past, and retrieve your list of apps in it?

@LukeW-MSFT I wasnt able to repro, but from the stack trace looks like a permission fail on the GET call. Can you please take a look?

guillaumev
Level: Power Up

Had the same issue today on our company network which is going through a ZScaler proxy, we couldn't see the list of available powerapps (received a 403 error code), going through a another network without ZScaler solved the issue.

This is however very annoying and we need a solution to this issue asap as we are going to deploy powerapps to a large number of users in the coming days.

mwegener

@shekz- No, we are just starting with the PowerApp visual. You can create and display a PowerApp with the visual, but you can't choose an existing PowerApp.

guillaumev
Level: Power Up

Hello,

The problem just increased for us, now powerapps properly embedded do not work anymore from our internal network, internal investigations did not find the issue as the flow is not filtered by our proxy, this is now for us a critical issue and we are opening a case to microsoft, any help would be great !

Highlighted
PowerApps Staff shekz
PowerApps Staff

@guillaumev - We deployed a fix last night. Please confim if you still face the issue.

jeremygib

I work in the same environment as @guillaumev. I can confirm that things seem to work now.

Is it possible to have a little more information about what was wrong ? This lasted almost a week during which there was no official communication I could see regarding this issue. Is there any chance this could happen again (particularly once the feature is out of preview) ? Did this only affect some environments with specific characteristics ?

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 91 members 4,084 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: