cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jesenavaranjan
Level: Powered On

Power Apps Monitoring

When I publish my power apps, what are my options for monitoring? How can I see if the app is live, and working?

Are there any e-mail alerts that can be generated if something goes wrong with the App?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Power Apps Monitoring

Hi,

Not sure if the answer above really helps you. I can't advise you how to check on Live status - as above the current live version can be viewed but you can't guarantee that this means that the platform itself is Live.

You should use the Microsoft365 admin centre status updates and email alerts based on these to see if there are any issues with the platform:

image.png

In terms of the application itself having errors - on newer versions of Apps (in the last few days) I have noticed this App function above the first loading screen:

image.png

From here you could put a function to notify you of errors.

I personally would advise against using email alerts for errors as reply above states, as your mailbox may become overwhelmed at some point, and instead would have these errors stored in a database,  whether SharePoint or SQL, with columns for details of the error, time of occurrence, username of submitter, details of current variables within app. You could then pass this data through to PowerBI to be able to see at a glance if any new serious errors are occuring.

I would also suggest using this guide that @ManuelaPichler wrote to keep track of how many Apps are in your system and their details:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/powerapps-using-flow-admin-connectors-manage-your-manuela-pichler/

I'd done a similar thing to what they've done on the 'get new powerapps' function except I don't email it to myself and I've applied it to 'all time' rather than the last 7 days then pushed it up to a SharePoint list, to keep track of which apps have bypassed consent, which use advanced device functions like webcam or location sensors, and am now able to then sort/filter by environment etc:
image.png

Hope this helps you in some way,

@iAm_ManCat 

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' and 'Thumbs Up' those who deserve it!
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jesenavaranjan,

To know whether an app is live or not, under Apps on web.powerapps.com, select the specific app that you want to check, click the ellipsis, then Details, go to Versions, you could see which version is Live at here.

1.PNG

By the way, to send an email alert when something goes wrong with the app, please consider using connector Office 365 Outlook to send out an email by clicking the button on user end with the following code:

Office365.SendEmail("test4@xxxx.onmicrosoft.com","something went wrong","error details")

Hope it could be a reference for you. 

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Not sure if the answer above really helps you. I can't advise you how to check on Live status - as above the current live version can be viewed but you can't guarantee that this means that the platform itself is Live.

You should use the Microsoft365 admin centre status updates and email alerts based on these to see if there are any issues with the platform:

image.png

In terms of the application itself having errors - on newer versions of Apps (in the last few days) I have noticed this App function above the first loading screen:

image.png

From here you could put a function to notify you of errors.

I personally would advise against using email alerts for errors as reply above states, as your mailbox may become overwhelmed at some point, and instead would have these errors stored in a database,  whether SharePoint or SQL, with columns for details of the error, time of occurrence, username of submitter, details of current variables within app. You could then pass this data through to PowerBI to be able to see at a glance if any new serious errors are occuring.

I would also suggest using this guide that @ManuelaPichler wrote to keep track of how many Apps are in your system and their details:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/powerapps-using-flow-admin-connectors-manage-your-manuela-pichler/

I'd done a similar thing to what they've done on the 'get new powerapps' function except I don't email it to myself and I've applied it to 'all time' rather than the last 7 days then pushed it up to a SharePoint list, to keep track of which apps have bypassed consent, which use advanced device functions like webcam or location sensors, and am now able to then sort/filter by environment etc:
image.png

Hope this helps you in some way,

@iAm_ManCat 

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' and 'Thumbs Up' those who deserve it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 195 members 4,761 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: