cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Doig91
Level: Power Up

PowerApps - Cannot Import Data into CDS Entities!

Hi Guys,

I am currently running through a course and i'm having issues importing data from excel. I attach a screenshot of the error given.

Any help would be greatfully received

Regards

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: PowerApps - Cannot Import Data into CDS Entities!

Hi @Doig91,

There are several ways to import data into CDS entities but the data must be formatted properly first. It looks like you are trying to upload a .csv file into CDS.  The usual case is to create an Excel file from the .csv file and then format the data as  a Table.  Before uploading your data open an Entity customize it so that there are matching field names for the columns in the spreadsheet , the type of data should match as well.  Once you have formatted your table and customized the Entity, you can use the wizard to import the data. If there is a problem, the wizard will indicate which fields need to be modified. 

There is another way to do it through Dynamics (I haven't done it this way) that supposedly is better.  This thread goes over that approach. PowerApps-Cannot-Import-Data-into-CDS-Entities/td-p/171063

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: PowerApps - Cannot Import Data into CDS Entities!

Hi @Doig91,

There are several ways to import data into CDS entities but the data must be formatted properly first. It looks like you are trying to upload a .csv file into CDS.  The usual case is to create an Excel file from the .csv file and then format the data as  a Table.  Before uploading your data open an Entity customize it so that there are matching field names for the columns in the spreadsheet , the type of data should match as well.  Once you have formatted your table and customized the Entity, you can use the wizard to import the data. If there is a problem, the wizard will indicate which fields need to be modified. 

There is another way to do it through Dynamics (I haven't done it this way) that supposedly is better.  This thread goes over that approach. PowerApps-Cannot-Import-Data-into-CDS-Entities/td-p/171063